An overview of Disney-related events that occured in 1990.
- February 2 - Stella (Touchstone Pictures)
- February 23 - Where the Heart Is (Touchstone Pictures)
- March 12 - The Brave Little Toaster (Washington, D.C.)
- March 23 - Pretty Woman (Touchstone Pictures) which despite mixed reception from critics ends up as huge success
- April 6 - Ernest Goes to Jail (Touchstone Pictures)
- April 27 - Spaced Invaders (Touchstone Pictures)
- June 13 - Dick Tracy (Touchstone Pictures) premiered in Woodstock, Illinois.
- June 14 - Dick Tracy (Touchstone Pictures) premiered in Los Angeles, California and Orlando, Florida.
- June 15 - Dick Tracy (Touchstone Pictures) which despite the mixed reception from critics it became a huge success
- June 22 - Betsy's Wedding (Touchstone Pictures)
- July 13 - The Jungle Book (final re-release)
- July 18 - Arachnophobia (Hollywood Pictures)
- August 3 - DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp is released with positive reviews but became a financial disappointment
- August 17 - Taking Care of Business (Hollywood Pictures)
- October 5 - Fantasia (re-release, restored and remastered release)
- October 12 - Mr. Destiny (Touchstone Pictures)
- November 16 - The Rescuers Down Under is released to generally favorable reviews, but is a box office disappointment.
- November 21 - Three Men and a Little Lady (Touchstone Pictures)
- December 23 - Green Card (Touchstone Pictures) premieres in Los Angeles and in New York.
- June 15 - Roller Coaster Rabbit
- August 3 - Dude Duck (re-release)
- September - Mickey's Safety Club: Street Safe, Street Smart
- September 14 - Next Door
- October - Mickey's Safety Club: Halloween Surprises
- November 16 - The Prince and the Pauper is released alongside The Rescuers Down Under.
- You and Your... Five Senses (remake version)
- January 11 - The Party Gras Parade debuts at Disneyland.
- April 29 - The One Man's Dream show at Disneyland has its final performance.
- May 26 - Mickey's Birthdayland is renamed Mickey's Starland at Magic Kingdom.
- July 17 - Disneyland celebrates its 35th anniversary.
- November 18 - The Party Gras Parade at Disneyland has its final performance.
- December 7 - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure opens at Disney-MGM Studios.
- December 31 - Dick Tracy Starring in Diamond Double Cross at Disneyland has its final performance.
- April 21 - Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue airs on various television stations across the United States, including ABC, NBC, and CBS
- May 6 - The Muppets at Walt Disney World airs.
- November 21 - The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson airs.
- May 5 - TaleSpin premieres as a "preview" on the Disney Channel; it would begin airing in syndication on September 7.
- September 10
- November 19 - Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers airs its final episode.
- November 28 - DuckTales airs its final episode.
- April - Disney Comics (the company) is founded and publishes their first issues of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Donald Duck Adventures, DuckTales, Mickey Mouse Adventures, Goofy Adventures, and Roger Rabbit, alongside continuing Walt Disney's Comics and Stories and Uncle Scrooge.
- November - Disney Comics begins a four-issue TaleSpin mini-series.
- October - The first issue of Disney Adventures is published
- Cowboy Mickey
- Scrooge McDuck and the Big Surprise
- March 9 - Armstrong the Robot and Earthquack
- April - Sphinx for the Memories and Sir Gyro Gearloose
- September - Mickey's Young Readers Library series
- December - The Prince and the Pauper (Little Golden Book)
- June - Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom for NES
- November 20 - Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse for Sega Master System
- December 31 - DuckTales: The Quest for Gold for Amiga and Commodore 64
- Mickey Mouse wa Shouboushi (Epoch Handheld LCD)
- Mickey's 123: The Big Surprise Party (Amiga, DOS)
- Mickey's ABC's: A Day at The Fair (Amiga, DOS)
- Donald and Goofy (Epoch Handheld LCD)
- Cinderella (Tiger Handheld LCD)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Tiger Handheld LCD)
- Goofy (Tiger Handheld LCD)
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers: The Adventure in Nimnul's Castle (DOS)
- Dick Tracy (NES, Game Boy)
- Dick Tracy (Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad GX4000)
- Disney Animation Studio (Amiga, DOS)
- DuckTales (Tiger Handheld LCD)
Home video releases
- January 24 - New York Stories
- March 16 - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- March 28 - Dead Poets Society
- May 3 - The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Volume 1: The Great Honey Pot Robbery, Volume 2: The Wishing Bear, Volume 3: Newfound Friends (re-issues), Volume 4: There's No Camp Like Home and Volume 5: Wind Some, Lose Some
- May 18 - The Little Mermaid, Disney's Sing Along Songs: Heigh Ho, Zip A Dee Doo Dah, You Can Fly, The Bare Necessities, Fun with Music (re-issues), Under the Sea
- July 25
- August 14
- September 21
- October 19
- December 4 - Ernest Goes to Jail
- December 9
- December 14 - Walt Disney Mini Classics: The Small One
- December 28 - Disney's Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun
- September 14 - The Little Mermaid
- October 19 - Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Donald's Scary Tales, and Halloween Haunts
- January - Muppet Vision 3-D is filmed.
- August 3 - Walt Disney Pictures introduces a variation of the original logo with a long version debuting in October, in front of the re-issue of Fantasia.
- January 6 - Buddy, Ursa, Gritty
- February 6 - Rat Capone, Arnold Mousenegger and Sugar Ray Lizard
- February 8 - Buffy Ratzkiwatzki, Ratso Ratzkiwatzki, Moose and Rocco
- February 11 - Aphroducky, Vulcan
- February 19 - Baby Thaddeus, Monrovia and Pomona
- February 21 - Foxglove, Winifred, Bud, Lou
- February 22 - Midge, Mrs. Sweeney, Todd, Jack and Nickels
- March 19 - Maltese de Sade, Le Sewer and Ratatouille
- April 6 - Felix Nash, Charlotte Sparrow, Rubin Bartlett, Lyle, Rimshot
- May 1 - Kookoo and Boots, Professor (Chip 'n Dale)
- May 5 - Kit Cloudkicker, Rebecca Cunningham, Don Karnage, Air Pirates, Prince Nevarhas Bin-Broak
- May 6 - Wildcat, Trader Moe
- May 13 - Buffy and Muffy Vanderschmere
- May 19 - Molly Cunningham
- June 15 - Dick Tracy, Dick Tracy, Jr., Tess Trueheart-Tracy, Big Boy Caprice, Flattop Jones, Itchy, Mumbles, Pruneface, Lips Manlis, Breathless Mahoney, Stooge Viller, Shoulders, The Brow, Little Face, The Blank, Influence, The Rodent, Spuds Spaldoni, Ribs Mocco, Bug Bailey, Steve the Tramp, Numbers, Texie Garcia, Mrs. Green, Mike, D.A. Fletcher, Pat Patton, Sam Catchem, Lefty Moriarty, Chief Brandon, Mike
- June - Rick Flint
- June 16 - Ivanod Spigot, Sergeant Dunder
- June 17 - Daring Dan Dawson
- August 3 - Merlock the Magician, Dijon, Gene the Genie
- August 18 - Dexter
- September 10 - Darkwing Duck, Gosalyn Mallard, Professor Martin Torque
- September 13 - Henry, MacKnee
- September 25 - Captain William Stansbury
- September 26 - Seymour, Inspector Burrow
- October - Phantom Brat
- October 4 - Kitten Kaboodle
- October 15 - Hans and Helga
- October 22 - Whistlestop Jackson
- November - Mrs. Fragmuffin
- November 1 - Emperor Wan Lo
- November 8 - Joe Magee, Doctor Cooper
- November 15 - Oscar Vandersnoot
- November 16 - Jake, Wilbur, Cody, Marahute, Percival McLeach, Joanna the Goanna, Dr. Mouse, Cody's Mother, Baitmouse, Frank, Faloo, Krebbs, Red, Sparky, Crocodiles, The Dying King
- November 20 - Mizrabel
- November 27 - Katie Dodd, Thaddeus E. Klang, Poupon
- December 3 - Clementine Clevenger, Sheriff Gomer Cleghorn and Deputy Wendell
- December 17 - Amy Miller, Jim Slocum, Jessica Slocum
- Penny Pooch
- January 6 - Natalie Palamides (actress, comedian, and screenwriter)
- January 13 - Liam Hemsworth (actor)
- January 15 - Chris Warren, Jr. (actor)
- January 30 - Jake Thomas (actor and photographer)
- February 6 - Dominic Sherwood (actor and model)
- March 4 - Andrea Bowen (actress)
- March 30 - Cassie Scerbo (actress, singer, and dancer)
- April 9 - Kristen Stewart (actress)
- April 12 - Mike Manning (reality television personality, actor, and activist)
- April 15 - Emma Watson (actress, model, and activist)
- April 18 - Britt Robertson (actress)
- May 2 - Kay Panabaker (actress and voice actress)
- May 16
- June 13 - Aaron Taylor-Johnson (actor)
- June 28 - Jasmine Richards (actress and singer)
- June 29 - Aaron Spann (voice actor)
- July 6 - Jeremy Suarez (voice actor)
- July 12 - Rachel Brosnahan (actress and voice actress)
- July 19 - Steven Anthony Lawrence (actor)
- July 21 - Ben Tibber (voice actor)
- July 24 - Daveigh Chase (actress, voice actress, singer, and model)
- July 29
- August 10 - Lucas Till (actor)
- August 15 - Jennifer Lawrence (actress)
- August 16 - Kōki Uchiyama (Japanese voice actor)
- August 23 - Wesley Singerman (voice actor)
- August 24 - Elizabeth Debicki (actress)
- August 29 - Nicole Anderson (actress)
- September 5 - Max Mittelman (voice actor and actor)
- September 15 - Matt Shively (actor)
- September 21 - Allison Scagliotti (actress)
- September 29 - Doug Brochu (actor, comedian, and voice actor)
- October 5 - Myles Jeffrey (actor, voice actor, producer, and director)
- October 19 - Ciara Renée (actress and musician)
- November 4 - Jean-Luc Bilodeau (actor)
- November 11 - Ashley Rose Orr (actress and voice actress)
- November 16 - Emma Ishta (actress and model)
- November 24 - Sarah Hyland (actress and voice actress)
- November 25 - Eli Russell Linnetz (actor and voice artist)
- December 8 - Dana Terrace (storyboard artist, animator, and director)
- December 13 - Joseph Garrett (actor and commentator)
- December 17 - Ashley Edner (actress and voice actress)
- December 23 - Anna Maria Perez de Taglé (actress and singer)
- January 8 - Terry-Thomas (comic actor)
- January 17 - Ken O'Brien (animator)
- February 1 - Hal Ambro (animator and film director)
- April 7 - Dick Lundy (animator and film director)
- May 16 - Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets)
- June 21 - Margaret J. Winkler (producer)
- August 26 - Retta Scott (artist)
- September 13 - Joaquin Garay (voice actor and singer)
- November 13 - Don Chaffey (director, writer, and producer)
- November 23 - Roald Dahl (author, novelist, short story writer, poet, fighter pilot, and screenwriter)
- November 24 - Dodie Smith (novelist and playwright)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.