Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
An overview of Disney-related events that occured in 1992.
- January 10 - The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (Hollywood Pictures)
- February 7 - Medicine Man (Hollywood Pictures)
- February 14 - The Great Mouse Detective is re-issued to theaters as The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective.
- March 6 - Blame It on the Bellboy (Hollywood Pictures)
- April 3 - Straight Talk (Hollywood Pictures)
- April 10 - Newsies
- April 24 - Passed Away (Hollywood Pictures)
- May 22 - Encino Man (Hollywood Pictures)
- May 29 - Sister Act (Touchstone Pictures)
- June 26 - Pinocchio (re-issue)
- July 17
- August 7 - 3 Ninjas (Touchstone Pictures)
- August 21 - The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag (Touchstone Pictures)
- September 11 - Crossing the Bridge (Touchstone Pictures)
- September 18
- October 2 - The Mighty Ducks
- October 16 - Consenting Adults (Hollywood Pictures)
- November 8 - Aladdin premieres in Hollywood, California.
- November 11 - Aladdin (Los Angeles, California)/(New York City, New York)
- November 25 - Aladdin is released to universal acclaim and is a huge financial success.
- December 4 - The Distinguished Gentleman (Hollywood Pictures)
- December 11 - The Muppet Christmas Carol
- July 17 - Off His Rockers is released alongside Honey, I Blew Up the Kid.
- August 7 - Pedal to the Metal is released alongside 3 Ninjas.
- January 7 - Voyage of the Little Mermaid opens at Disney-MGM Studios.
- January 23 - The Eagle Pines Golf Course at the Bonnet Creek Golf Club opens at Walt Disney World Resort.
- April 12 - Euro Disneyland (later renamed Disneyland Paris) opens.
- May 13 - Fantasmic! debuts at Disneyland.
- October 1
- October 2 - Splash Mountain opens at Magic Kingdom.
- August 27 - Disneyklubben premieres on SVT.
- September 5 - Goof Troop premieres in syndication.
- September 19 - The Little Mermaid and Raw Toonage premiere on CBS.
- December 12 - Darkwing Duck airs its final episode.
- Darkwing Duck: The Silly Canine Caper
- Goof Troop: Great Egg-Spectations
- TaleSpin for the Sega Genesis and Game Gear.
- Land of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse for the Sega Master System and Game Gear.
- June - Darkwing Duck for the NES.
- December 17 - World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck for the Sega Genesis.
- Stunt Island
- December - The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse for the Super NES.
Home video releases
- January 22 - Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
- January 24 - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- February 5 - The Rocketeer
- February 27
- TaleSpin Volume 5: Treasure Trap, Volume 6: Imagine That!, Volume 7: Wise Up!, and Volume 8: The Search for the Lost City
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Volume 7: King of the Beasties, Volume 8: The Sky's the Limit, Volume 9: Everything's Coming Up Roses, and Volume 10: Pooh to the Rescue
- April 10 - One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- May 27 - Father of the Bride
- June 19
- July 17
- August 26 - Blame It on the Bellboy
- September 18
- October 14 - Newsies
- October 30
- November 20 - Sister Act
- December 16 - Escape to Witch Mountain
- February 14 - The Jungle Book
- February 20 - Mary Poppins
- April 10 - One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- June 19 - Walt Disney Cartoon Classics Special Edition: Fun on the Job!, The Goofy World of Sports, and Happy Summer Days
- July 17 - The Great Mouse Detective
- September 18 - The Rescuers
- October 21 - The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Belle, Beast, and Chip made a animated/live-action appearance at the 64th Academy Awards ceremony where they awarded Daniel Greaves the Oscar for Short Film (Animated) for Manipulation.
- After 9 years, The Goofy World of Sports is the last video in the Walt Disney Cartoon Classics VHS series.
- Disney begins to distribute DiC's programs on home video in the United States.
- Walt Disney Classics Logo was started in 1992 with its restored version updated, getting clean and distorted music.
- January 8 - Jerry Valentine
- January 15 - Mr. Ashland, Elliot
- January 22 - Sir David Tushingham, Miss Honeywell
- February 12 - Grandpa Louie
- February 27 - DarkWarrior Duck
- March 10 - Pothole McDuck
- March 20 - Fox Jacket, Heather Worthington
- April 10 - Jack Kelly, David Jacobs
- April 12 - Timekeeper, 9-Eye, The Phantom, Melanie Ravenswood, ROX-N, Q'otár, Lancelot
- April 24 - Andre
- April - Peg Pete, Pistol Pete, Chainsaw, Waffles
- May - Ample Grime, Goose Lee
- May 4 - Ringmaster, Giblet the Clown
- May 29 - Deloris Van Cartier, Sister Mary Robert
- July - Fluffy
- July 17 - Adam Szalinski, Dr. Charles Hendrickson, Clifford Sterling, Mandy Park
- August 7 - Bonkers D. Bobcat, Fawn Deer, Jitters A. Dog, Maurice
- August 10 - Pothole McDuck
- September 8 - Dutch Spackle
- September 11 - The Chief of Police
- September 14 - Spud and Wally
- September 16 - Biff Fuddled, Danielle Wrathmaker
- September 18 - Captain Ron Rico, Martin Harvey, Katherine Harvey, Caroline Harvey, Ben Harvey
- September 19 - Marsupilami, Norman
- September 22 - Miss Pennypacker, Mr. Hammerhead
- September 26 - Tanya Trunk, Urchin, Lobster Mobster and Da Shrimp
- September 29 - Fester, Prince Freddy
- September 30 - Debbie, Duke
- October 1 - Mayor Baba
- October 2 - Gordon Bombay, Hans, Jack Reilly, Gerald Ducksworth, Charlie Conway, Fulton Reed, Greg Goldberg, Lester Averman, Jesse Hall, Peter Mark, Dave Karp, Guy Germaine, Connie Moreau, Tommy Duncan, Tammy Duncan, Terry Hall, Adam Banks, Casey Conway, Philip Banks
- October 9 - Frank Nutti
- October 10 -Simon
- October 16 - Uncle Bob, Baby Cuddlebunny
- October 19 - Mr. Sludge
- October 26 - Douglas Twinkmeyer, Tooth and Nails
- October 30 - The Wereman
- October 31 - The Evil Manta, Magician's Hat
- November 6 - Dr. Ficus, Zabar
- November 7 - The Bug Master
- November 9 - Madame Zeldarina, Earl
- November 11 - Spud and Wally
- November 13 - Wendy Richfield
- November 14 - Pearl
- November 16 - Tan Roadster
- November 20 - Leech, Harold Hatchback, Coop Hatchback
- November 21 - Rubber Chicken, Ebb and Flo, Sparky, Dr. Watson, Toynbee, Snibbs
- November 25 - Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine, Genie, The Sultan, Jafar, Iago, Magic Carpet, Rajah, Razoul, Cave of Wonders, Prince Achmed, Harem Girls, Gazeem, Royal Guards, Farouk, Peddler, Forty Thieves
- November 28 - Aunt Bethie, Moray
- December 4 - Isadore Eyesore
- December 5 - Pearl's Mother
- January 17 - Nate Hartley (actor)
- February 10 - Jordan Maron (actor, commentator, and minor musician)
- February 14 - Freddie Highmore (actor, voice actor, producer, and director)
- February 17 - Meaghan Jette Martin (actress, voice actress, and singer)
- March 10 - Emily Osment (actress and singer)
- March 13 - Kaya Scodelario (actress)
- March 17 - John Boyega (actor)
- March 26 - Haley Ramm (actress)
- April 8 - Shelby Young (actress and voice actress)
- April 10 - Daisy Ridley (actress and singer)
- April 18 - Chloe Bennet (actress and singer)
- April 24
- May 7 - Alexander Ludwig (actor, singer, and model)
- May 18 - Spencer Breslin (actor and musician)
- May 21 - Olivia Olson (actress, voice actress, and singer-songwriter)
- May 29
- June 1 - Lynn (Japanese voice actress)
- June 12 - Ryan Malgarini (actor)
- June 14 - Daryl Sabara (actor and voice actor)
- June 26 - Jennette McCurdy (actress and singer-songwriter)
- July 17 - Billie Lourd (actress)
- July 20 - Jordan Rodrigues (actor, dancer, and singer)
- July 22 - Selena Gomez (actress, singer, and fashion designer)
- July 28 - Spencer Boldman (actor)
- August 2 - Hallie Eisenberg (actress)
- August 4 - Cole and Dylan Sprouse (twin actors)
- August 20 - Demi Lovato (singer-songwriter, musician, actress, and anti-bullying spokesperson)
- August 30 - Jessica Henwick (actress)
- September 16 - Nick Jonas (singer-songwriter, musician, and actor)
- October 9 - Tyler James Williams (singer, actor, and rapper)
- October 12 - Josh Hutcherson (actor and voice actor)
- October 15 - Vincent Martella (actor, voice actor, and singer)
- October 22 - Sofia Vassilieva (actress)
- October 31 - Vanessa Marano (actress)
- November 23 - Miley Cyrus (actress, voice actress, and singer-songwriter)
- November 28 - Adam Hicks (actor, rapper, and singer-songwriter)
- December 18 - Bridgit Mendler (actress, musician, singer, and songwriter)
- January 9 - Claude Coats (Imagineer and background artist)
- January 24 - Ken Darby (composer, vocal arranger, lyricist, and conductor)
- February 4 - John Dehner (actor and animator)
- February 9 - Jack Kinney (animator, director, and producer)
- March 4 - Art Babbitt (animator)
- March 6 - Elvia Allman (actress and voice actress)
- March 14 - Alan Dinehart (actor, voice director, dialogue director, voice actor, producer, writer, director, and recording director)
- June 7 - Bob Sweeney (actor, director, and producer)
- July 17 - Larry Roberts (actor and fashion designer)
- July 18 - Rudolf Ising (animator)
- August 23 - Charles A. Nichols (animator and film director)
- November 22 - Sterling Holloway (actor and voice actor)
- "Short Film Winners: 1992 Oscars" (Video). YouTube (March 23, 2015). Retrieved on September 6, 2016.