"A Hard Dazed Knight" is the first segment of the eighteenth episode of the Adventures of the Gummi Bears. It premiered on October 25, 1986, and was later paired with "Do Unto Ogres", becoming the first segment of the fifth episode in the second season.
Duke Igthorn sneaks into Dunwyn Castle and hands King Gregor a magical egg that turns the king into a crystal statue. Igthorn then threatens to destroy the egg unless the people of Dunwyn accept him as their new king.
- Corey Burton as Gruffi Gummi, Toadwart
- Roger C. Carmel as Sir Tuxford
- June Foray as Grammi Gummi
- Katie Leigh as Sunni Gummi
- Lorenzo Music as Tummi Gummi
- Noelle North as Princess Calla, Cubbi Gummi
- Will Ryan as Ogres (uncredited)
- Michael Rye as Duke Igthorn, King Gregor
- Paul Winchell as Zummi Gummi
- This episode's title is a spoof of the Beatles song, album, and film "A Hard Day's Night".
- Cubbi, Tummi, and Zummi only scream, gasp, and utter one line, in unison with Grammi and Sunni; with their individual voices not easily detectable.
- This is the third episode to premiere separately from its sibling segment, which aired the following week. Both segments were later combined, as originally intended, for all subsequent airings.
Home video releases