The Dalmatian Family takes a vacation to Cornwall.
The Dalmatian Family is excited to be heading to Cornwall for the summer; renting out a double decker bus for themselves ("Summer Song"). They arrive out to see a giant lighthouse overlooking a cliff, but as soon as they get out, it begins to rain. Dylan attempts to impress a native Border Collie named Summer by building a tent, but as soon as he is finished, it stops raining. Summer comments on the spot patterns on Dylan's ear which resemble Canis Major (the dog star). Dylan is impressed that a "local" like her would know that; unintentionally insulting her. He runs into a bovine named Bessie whom he mistakenly believes to be unintelligent, not helped by the fact when she gets pummeled by the dalmatians' toys. When Dylan mentions that they are headed to the beach, Bessie gives them directions through an ominous pathway which Dylan obliviously decides to take, but Dante is unsure of. As they go down the path, Summer corrects them after Dylan makes several wrong turns.
They all manage to make it to the beach where Doug and Delilah attempt to have alone time together, but are constantly interrupted. Dolly meets a Doberman named Spike who she immediately falls in love with while Dylan "rescues" Dorothy from a seagull named Chips. Dante arrives telling him that Dizzy and Dee Dee are lost in a cave, having been sent their by Bessie when she told them they could find pirate treasure there. Dylan, Dante and Summer head to the cave and manage to find Dizzy and Dee Dee and rescue them with Summer's help. Dylan apologizes for his early behavior towards her and she accepts. They return to the bus with Bessie surprised that they are all still alive. At night, everyone is asleep on the bus except Dylan, Summer, Dolly and Spike who are out looking at the moon. The bus suddenly rolls down the hill and begins hanging from a cliff.
The bus continues to hang and Doug and Delilah decide to jump off with a life raft so that the bus can even out. They do so and the puppies are saved with Doug and Delilah using the raft to land on a small island just off shore. They attempt to use this opportunity to finally have some alone time, but a rain storm suddenly approaches. Realizing that they will be caught up in a flood, Dolly and Spike decide to take a boat just down below to the island. However, Bessie broke a hole in the bottom and the boat sinks as they Dolly and Spike get close to the small island, trapping them too. Dolly begs Dylan to rescue them as Doug begins to embarrass her by talking to Spike. Dylan, Dawkins and Summer decide to tie a rope at the lighthouse with Chips tying the other end on the island, making Dylan realize the he is not bad.
Dylan finally ties his tent to the rope and ride down to the island so that he can open it and fly everyone off of it using the wind from the rainstorm. They succeed, but the rope snaps, sending them all flying high into the clouds and past the thunder and lightning. They manage to fly back down towards the lighthouse and everyone is safe. Later that night they celebrate together knowing that the dalmatians have to return the next day. Dylan and Dolly promise to see Summer and Spike again. Dylan simply pats Summer on the nose while Dolly gets a lick from Spike. As the dalmatians head back to Camden, Dylan sees Bessie glare at him for the first time and realizes she was behind their misfortune. Dante explains "I told you so" as they all head back home.
- Josh Brener as Dylan
- Michaela Dietz as Dolly
- Rhashan Stone as Doug
- Ella Kenion as Delilah
- Kyle Soller as Dante
- Margot Powell as Dorothy
- Nefeli Karakosta as Dizzy
- Florrie Wilkinson as Dee Dee
- Rhys Isaac-Jones as Dawkins
- Bert Davis as Diesel
- Maxwell Apple as D.J.
- Akiya Henry as Da Vinci
- Nikhil Parmar as Deepak
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis as Destiny and Déjà Vu
- Abigail Zoe Lewis as Dallas
- Rocco Wright as the Dimitri Trio
- Aimee-Ffion Edwards as Summer
- Olly Murs as Spike
- Miriam Margolyes as Bessie
- Tom Haywood as Chips
- This marks the second two-part special for the show.
- This is the only two-part special (minus "Puppy Dreams", since that is a compilation of the Season One shorts) that does not have a connection to the Hunter De Vil story arc of Season One.
- This marks Olly Murs' first voice acting role.
- A preview of this episode (the "Summer Song" musical number) was shown at the Annecy Film Festival. The sound effects during this song, however, are louder in the full episode.
- Both Dylan and Dante break the fourth wall in this episode: Dylan trying to tell Dolly they do not have time for a musical number, and Dante saying "Previously on 101 Dalmatian Street!" at the beginning of Part Two.
- This episode makes several references to the James Bond franchise of books and movies:
- Spike emerging from the ocean attracts Dolly's attention, in a manner similar to that of Honey Ryder (in the 1962 movie, Dr. No), Jinx (Die Another Day, 2002) and even Bond himself (Casino Royale, 2006).
- Spike introduces himself as 'Spike. Just Spike.' This is very similar to Bond's signature introduction and catchphrase, 'Bond. James Bond.'
- Doug and Delilah parachute out of the bus in a similar manner to Bond and Pussy Galore (Goldfinger, 1964).