Adventureland is one of the themed lands at Disneyland Park (Paris) in France. It contains more heavy Indian and Middle Eastern influences. It features four themed areas:
- The first, known as Adventureland Bazaar, is a recreation of an oriental city from the 1001 Arabian Nights, presumably Agrabah from the 1992 Disney film Aladdin (Imagineers were designing the entrance area of this Adventureland while the film was still in production). In 1993, the attraction Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin opened in this very area. The concept of the city eventually reached overseas resorts.
- The second part of Adventureland has a more African appearance, and is mainly composed of shops and restaurants (like the Hakuna Matata Restaurant).
- The third themed area represents Asian mysterious jungles. Themed to explorers, it features the ride Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, which was unique in a Disney park in 1993 with its first inversion.
- The last part, and the biggest, is a Caribbean area, covering most of the surface of Adventureland. It features the ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Adventure Isle, a Tom Sawyer Island-like walkthrough spot, with some attractions like Swiss Family Treehouse or Captain Hook's Pirate Ship.
This Adventureland presented some construction problems, mainly due to the unsuitable climate in France. Growing exotic jungles in a place where winters could be harsh was a tough task. This is also the reason why there is no Jungle Cruise ride, since most animatronics animals would have been exposed to this weather. However, abandoned ideas intended to build an adequate ride under a glass roof, but that never came to happen.
There is no Tiki Room attraction either, although the Explorers Club Restaurant (now Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost) features animatronic birds that used to sing.
Attractions and Entertainment
- Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin (Aladdin's Enchanted Passage)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- La Cabane des Robinson (Swiss Family Treehouse)
- Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril)
- Captain Hook's Pirate Ship
- La Plage des Pirates (Pirates Beach)
- Adventure Isle
- Make a Wish - Peter Pan to the Rescue
- Timon's Matadance
- Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost
- Agrabah Café in Adventureland Bazaar
- Hakuna Matata Restaurant
- Le Café de la Brousse
- Captain Hook's Galley
- Le Comptoir du Capitaine
- Captain Jack's - Le Restaurant des Pirates
- Les Trésors de Shéhérazade (Shahrazade's Treasures)
- La Girafe Curieuse (The Curious Giraffe)
- Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost (formerly Trader Sam's Jungle Boutique)
- Temple Traders Boutique
- Le Coffre du Capitaine (The Captain's Chest)