"Adventures in Catsitting" is the second segment of the forty-third episode of Amphibia.
The Plantars volunteer to take Domino to the vet.
While Anne tries to read up on scientific discoveries hoping to find info on Amphibia, the Plantars are happy to be living in the lap of luxury with Hop Pop commenting on the two days they have been on Earth, only for Sprig to remind him that they have been there for a week. Hop Pop declares themselves "freeloaders" and compares themselves to Cousin Stanley, a supposed relative, who may not have actually been related to them, who mooched from them; forcing the Plantars to literally toss him out the window. As Mrs. Boonchuy has to take Anne to the dentist and Mr. Boonchuy needs to go into work, someone needs to take Domino to the vet. Wanting to prove their worth, the Plantars volunteer to take Domino.
The Plantars have a hard time getting Domino into his cage, but they succeed. In their human disguises, they manage to get onto the bus, but Hop Pop accidentally licks all the passengers and they are almost immediately kicked off. Sprig suggests calling Mr. Boonchuy, but Hop Pop wants to finish the job without any help and forces the three of them to resume taking Domino to the vet on foot. After a couple of side conflicts, they manage to arrive and see an Earth frog for the first time. As they are called in, the vet finishes his work and the Plantars ask questions about frogs, that are actually about themselves. Making the vet uncomfortable, they leave, but Domino escapes his cage.
The Plantars quickly come to the realization that Domino is gone. Polly tries to call for backup, but Hop Pop saves it as a last resort. After retracing their steps to find the cat (the closest they got to was an opossum found by Polly), Sprig calls Mr. Boonchuy, despite Hop Pop's efforts to stop him. They learn that Domino is attracted to Shawarma and quickly find him at a restaurant. When the owner declares that he will keep the cat, the Plantars fake a fire alarm and retrieve her with Mr. Boonchuy picking them up. Hop Pop, feeling that they failed at being responsible, is told by Mr. Boonchuy that he respects them for taking care of Anne and that he knows they are doing their best. They return home, along with a heavily drugged Anne who had "eight cavities and a whole lot of cricket legs". The Boonchuys leave an inebriated Anne with the Plantars as Domino casually licks herself.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- On Braly as Mrs. Boonchuy
- Brian Sounalath as Mr. Boonchuy
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Vet
- Eden Riegel as Emily, Frog Owner
- Sam Riegel as Bearded Tough Guy Bus Passenger, Glasses Customer
- Jenn Strickland as Snake Owner
- The title is a play on the movie, and its subsequent remake, Adventures in Babysitting.
- It is revealed that a week has passed since the events of "The New Normal".
- Domino II from "The Domino Effect" is mentioned by Sprig in this episode.
- Hop Pop is able to imitate the sound of a fire alarm. This is based on the fact that some frogs, such as the male concave-eared torrent frog, have the ability to emit ultra-frequency sounds that sound like fire alarms.
- Anne did not brush or floss her teeth in Amphibia for 5 months, resulting in her receiving 8 cavities and a bunch of cricket legs in her teeth.
- However, Anne was seen brushing her teeth in "Best Fronds".