Marvel's Agent Carter was an ABC show based around the Marvel character Peggy Carter. The show was officially confirmed on May 9, 2014, alongside the renewal announcement for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and was designed to fill the void between the latter's second season winter finale and spring premiere.
Marvel's Agent Carter, starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell, follows the story of Peggy Carter. It's 1946, and peacetime has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers.
Inspired by the feature films Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, along with the short, Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter. Marvel's Agent Carter stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter and Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark. Executive producers are Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters, Steve McFeely, Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Chad Michael Murray as Jack Thompson
- Enver Gjokaj as Daniel Sousa
- Shea Whigham as Roger Dooley
- Agent Carter is the first non-Disney+ Marvel series, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, to be acknowledged, within the movies, with the inclusion of Edwin Jarvis in Avengers: Endgame.
- This also marks the first character who originated from television, to transition to the films.