Ahsoka is a Star Wars novel from Disney–Lucasfilm Press. The novel, written by E.K. Johnston, centers on Ahsoka Tano in the period of time after she left the Jedi Order and before she became an operative in the rebellion.
The description from Disney-Lucasfilm Press is as follows:
- Ahsoka Tano, fan favorite character from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, will be the star of her own young adult novel from Disney Lucasfilm Press this October 11, 2016! Fans have long wondered what happened to Ahsoka after she left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and before she re-appeared as the mysterious Rebel operative Fulcrum in Rebels. Finally, her story will begin to be told. Following her experiences with the Jedi and the devastation of Order 66, Ahsoka is unsure she can be part of a larger whole ever again. But her desire to fight the evils of the Empire and protect those who need it will lead her right to Bail Organa, and the Rebel Alliance...
- Ahsoka is revealed to have obtained her lightsaber crystals and various parts for the hilts of her white lightsabers from an Inquisitor called Sixth Brother, whom she killed. The crystals were turned from red to white through use of the Light side of the Force.
- Lightsaber crystals can be turned red through the Force by infecting them with the Dark side. The process is known as "making the crystal bleed".
- Ahsoka once fought Maul before and set a trap to capture him, only to fail when Captain Rex's life was threatened.
- Ahsoka faked Rex's death, and left her old lightsabers there to further the illusion that she too was dead.
- Some of the events in the book were retconned in the final episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.