Al Bertino was an American animator best remembered for his work with Walt Disney Productions.
Born in Los Angeles, California in 1912, Bertino began working for Walt Disney in 1935. Apart from his work on feature films, such as Pinocchio and Fantasia, Bertino also wrote for the Wonderful World of Disney and helped create a number of attractions at Disneyland, including Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, and America Sings.
Outside of Disney, Bertino worked Woody Woodpecker shorts, Spider-Man, The Deputy Dawg Show, The Alvin Show, Mister Magoo, and The Dick Tracy Show.
Until his retirement in 1977, he worked as an animator and storyman for Charles Mintz, Harmoa-Ising, Disney, UPA, Snowball Animation, Grantray-Lawrence Animation, and Walter Lantz. In 1986, he won a Golden Award (given to Motion Picture Screen Cartoonists).
|1941||7 Wise Dwarfs||story - uncredited|
|1942||Donald's Decision||animator - uncredited|
|1942||How to Swim||animator|
|1943||Private Pluto||animator - uncredited|
|1945||Californy er Bust||animator|
|1945||Duck Pimples||animator - uncredited|
|1945||Hockey Homicide||animator - uncredited|
|1946||Make Mine Music||animator: "All the Cats Join In"|
"The Martins and the Coys"
|1947||Fun and Fancy Free||animator: "Bongo" - uncredited|
|1949||The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad||animator - uncredited|
|1950||The Brave Engineer||animator|
|1951||Alice in Wonderland||animator - uncredited|
|1952||Man's Best Friend||story|
|1952||Let's Stick Together||story|
|1952||Uncle Donald's Ants||story|
|1952||Two Weeks Vacation||story|
|1954||Grin and Bear It||story|
|1954-1971||The Magical World of Disney||writer|
Himself: "Where Do the Stories Come From?" - uncredited
Special Material: "Disney on Parade"
|1956||In the Bag||story|
|1968||Understanding Stresses and Strains||story|
- The character of Big Al in Country Bear Jamboree was modeled and named after Bertino.
- In the 1945 Goofy cartoon Hockey Homicide, all the characters are named after members of the Disney staff, including "Ice Box Bertino", who, as a running gag, repeatedly gets into hockey fights with "Fearless Ferguson" (named for Norman Ferguson).
- Bertino was portrayed by actor Thomas Bellin in episode 11 of the 1969 season of Dragnet, "Narcotics - DR-16". Bertino is depicted designing posters for a student-led anti-drug group.
- Al Bertino is the creator of "The Monster Plantation" at Six Flags Over Georgia.
- Al Bertino at the Internet Movie Database
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Al Bertino. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|