Alice's Day at Sea is an animated short film that is part of the Alice Comedies series. It was animated by the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio and released by M. J. Winkler in 1924. It was in black and white and silent.
Alice is entranced by an old sailor's stories of surviving a shipwreck which inspires a dream of her visiting the denizens of an underwater zoo.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the poster for this film was sold for $36,534 at Christies auction, the most valuable cartoon poster of all time.
- Directed And Written By: Walt Disney
- Produced and edited by: Margaret J. Winkler
- Cast: Virginia Davis as Alice, Spec O Donnell as Kid
- Animators: Walt Disney, Ub Iwerks, Kathleen Dollard Smith, Rolin Hamliton, Thurston Harper, Ann Loomis
- Camera Work: Roy O. Disney
- Funding: Enda Disney
- This is the very first animated short film in general to be produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios instead of Laugh-O-Gram Studio.
- This is also the first Alice Comedies short to be produced by WDAS.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Alice's Day at Sea. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|