Amity is a bright and competitive young witch who attends Hexside Academy of Magic and Demonics. She is proud of her status as the best student in school, and likes to rub it in everyone's faces. She enjoys looking down on other students who are not as successful as her, and does not take kindly to those who steal her spotlight. However, she does have a sensitive side whenever her flawless reputation is compromised.
Her reasons for being the way she is is because she wants to someday become a member of the Emperor's Coven, who only handpick the best of the best.
Although she's typically not a nice person, Amity has a sense of integrity, as she was shocked that her mentor Lilith made her cheat in her duel with Luz without Amity's knowledge, and seeing as how Luz's own mentor, Eda, cheated as well, Amity called off the forever-oath magic she cast on Luz so that Luz could continue her own training to become a witch. This indicates Amity truly wants to be a great with but one of her own merit and not resort to cheating or dishonesty. "Lost in Language" further reveals that Amity has a concealed softer side which she keeps hidden so as not to demonstrate weakness and reads to children.
Amity has two-toned, chin-length mint green hair that is brown at the roots and has a ponytail pulling the front hair out of her face. She has pale skin and golden eyes. Like most witches, she has pointy ears. When attending school, Amity wears a gray tunic with a dark gray belt, hoodie, and boots. As part of the Abomination track, the color of her sleeves and leggings are orchid. The rest of her attire includes wearing triangle-shaped black earrings and black nail polish.
When not attending school, Amity dresses in a black short sleeve dress with orchid leggings and black point shoes with golden crescent moon buckles. Around her neck, she wears an orchid gemstone talisman.
Powers and abilities
- Magic: Despite being a witch-in-training, she appears to be highly skilled in magic. Like all witches, her connection comes from a sac of magic bile attached to her heart. She can cast the Spell Circle to cast spells.
- Abomination crafting/summoning: Amity is a top student in Abominations class. She created and owns a slimy mindless creature known as an Abomination that obeys all her commands.
- Fireballs: Since "Adventures in the Elements", Amity has been learning to generate fireballs, which at the time required her to use a training wand until she learned to cast the spell on her own.
- Barrier Cage: Amity can create a tall, circular cage that cause mild pain when touched.
Amity considers Luz her rival of sorts. From the get go, Amity has suffered nothing but humiliation from her. Amity finds Luz's perky personality and human traits unacceptable and makes it known that she does not appreciate her appearance. However, starting with "Covention", Amity starts to treat Luz slightly better when she is outed as an "accidental" cheater and from that point tries to understand what Luz is all about. In "Lost in Language", Amity learns that she and Luz have some things in common and while she still does not consider her her friend, she does become more cordial to her. In "Adventures in the Elements", Amity has become much more tolerant of Luz and displays a more reserved personality when around her. While she still finds her slightly annoying, she has grown much more protective of her.
Amity loves to pick on Willow for her inferior magic and loves to show her up. This of course blows back in her face during the events of "I Was a Teenage Abomination" when Willow and Luz show her up. In "Hooty's Moving Hassle", Willow reveals that she and Amity used to be close friends, but that when her magic began to supersede her own, she became distant and arrogant.
Amity holds contempt for her older siblings. It is very much implied that Amity's over achieving attitude stems from her animosity to her siblings careless behavior. In "Adventures in the Elements", she does care about them and was concerned when the Slitherbeast kidnapped them. Furthermore, she trusts them enough to be taught magic by them.
Amity is sometimes seen being accompanied by Boscha in her own social circles. While their personal interactions are limited, save for a moment in "Hooty's Moving Hassle", they have similar personalities, but Boscha might be more sinister.
- Amity has similar traits to Diana Cavendish from the anime series, Little Witch Academia. Both are top students in witchcraft, strongly admired by teachers and classmates alike, and often clash with the main protagonist. Like Diana, who is a fan of Shiny Chariot like Akko Kagari, Amity is a fan of Azura like Luz.
- Amity's name is derived from the Latin word for "friend".