It is Lilo's birthday, but no one seems to remember. While she and Stitch hand out invitations for their own party, they encounter Gantu as well as an experiment that gives people amnesia. All three of them try to catch Amnesio, which causes them to lose their memories of each other. Now thinking that her name is Martha, Stitch is an escaped convict, and Gantu is her partner cop named Lenny, Lilo teams up with him to hunt down Stitch and find clues to their lost memories.
- It is unknown how "Martha" (Lilo), Stitch, and "Lenny" (Gantu) found Lilo's house if they lost their memories, meaning they would not remember where Lilo lives.
- The number of candles on the full birthday cake changes. When we see the ʻohana surprise Lilo with her birthday party, the cake has eleven candles on it, but when Stitch grabs the cake to eat nearly all of it (including the candles), it has nine candles instead.
- Moral: Family means nobody gets forgotten.
- If the original movie's ending montage is considered, where Lilo turns seven in the birthday scene, Lilo presumably turns eight in this episode. However, this episode never specifies Lilo's age. Additionally, the coconut birthday cake seen at the end (that Stitch quickly eats) has a varying number of candles in the scene it appears in (see Goofs above).
- When Amnesio flies around in several instances, the song "Flight of the Bumblebee" is heard playing.
- The password which reverses Amnesio's mind-erasing effects is "ʻohana", a Hawaiian word that Jumba did not know of until well after Amnesio's creation.
- Nosox and Nodessertro were subtly mentioned by Hämsterviel in this episode, hinting that Gantu had captured them at some point. However, while Nosox physically appeared in "Snafu", Nodessertro did not. It is possible that he was either set free because he was considered useless, or he managed to escape.
- This episode reiterates that Gantu apparently has a good side to him, as he became very kind at once while he was temporarily under Amnesio's effects.
- The arcade games that Lilo/Martha and the little boy were playing had sound effects similar to Galaga and Street Fighter, respectively.
- When Jumba tells the amnesic Stitch who he actually is, the former says to the latter, "You are 626, also called Stitch." This may suggest that Jumba does fully know his creation's legal name (which is already proven by other episodes), but he prefers to call Stitch by his experiment number instead.
- Kixx, Sprout, and Poxy's holographic silhouettes appeared on Jumba's computer.
- Before Gantu/Lenny releases Amnesio, he sees a family of ducks and says, "I'm lost," a callback to the first film.
- This is first episode where Gantu wins and catches the experiment in the end.
- Amnesio is not referred to by his new name at any point in his debut, but his name officially appears on the experiment name list in Leroy & Stitch.
- This episode marks Cobra's first appearance in the series, serving as a guest at Lilo's birthday party.
- Even though Gantu reverted to his old self after getting his memory back, he still treasured the pottery jar that Lilo had made him earlier, implying that he secretly appreciates her.