Animated StoryBook: Mulan (retitled Mulan's Story Studio on the original PlayStation) is a PC video game released in 1998.
Disney's animated film Mulan comes to life in the Disney's Mulan Animated StoryBook (sub-titled "A Story Waiting for You to Make it Happen"). In this game, Mushu (remember, he's a dragon, not a lizard) has lost the magical story scrolls, and the player must collect them all and restore their lost magic.
Action takes place in locations from the film such as Mulan's house, the army camp, Tung Shao Pass, and the Imperial City. There are plenty of games, puzzles and other activities to involve youngsters as they look for the scrolls. Once all five have been found and delivered to the Emperor, he makes the player the official Imperial Storymaker, with the ability to make original scrolls. In this final section, there are many possibilities to choose from with all the backgrounds, stickers, and paint colors offered.
Plenty of other characters, such as Mulan's brother, her dog, Grandma Fa, and the ancestors in the temple, are on hand for the player to interact with during the journey, in addition to Mushu's comic relief.
- Build vocabulary and reading skills
- Read and create your own stories
- Play games, dress up Mulan and Mushu, and sing Karaoke with your favorite characters
With the Voice Talents of
- Mary Kay Bergman
- Scott Bullock
- Corey Burton
- Miguel Ferrer - Shan Yu
- Harvey Fierstein - Yao
- June Foray - Grandmother Fa
- Tress MacNeille
- Pat Morita - Emperor of China
- Mark Moseley - Mushu
- Donny Osmond - Captain Li Shang (Singing Voice; Footage)
- Lea Salonga - Mulan (Singing Voice; Footage)
- George Takei - First Ancestor
- Jerry Tondo - Chien Po
- Gedde Watanabe - Ling
- Frank Welker - Cri-Kee
- Ming-Na Wen - Mulan
- BD Wong - Captain Li Shang