When the family is in danger, Anne must put her self-consciousness aside in order to learn the true way of the hunter.
Anne, Bessie and the Plantars are resting in the woods to prepare to eat. However, Hop Pop only has a stick to offer. Anne feels down, until the Plantars point out that they can just hunt for food. Anne is excited as she believes that this means that she will learn to tame the wild. She and Sprig head off to forage, but Anne quickly becomes bored. Sprig tries to show her his methods which include eating dirt to pick up trails, building a simple trap for insects called Grubbles and dancing to attract them out. Anne finds his methods stupid, despite them working well, and she heads off to hunt on her own.
After realizing that she is incapable of hunting, Anne discovers that the Plantars have been kidnapped by a Scorpileo and gives chase. She is suddenly visited by a mental projection of Sprig's floating head, which is the result of her having "snapped", and decides to finally take his advice. She begins to eat the dirt and tastes biscuit crumbs that Polly dropped (she had been hiding food) and follows it all the way to the Scorpileo's lair.
Anne proceeds to build a trap and then dances to attract the Scorpileo's attention. Finally giving into the dance by listening to the sounds of the forest, Anne tricks the creature into falling into the trap, thus saving the Plantars, and they all flee back to the camp. Sprig congratulates Anne on using his methods to save them from the creature. Anne thanks him as well as his hallucinogenic floating head, confusing the Plantars.
Deep in the woods, the robot walks into a tree and then proceeds to walk around it.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- "When the Hunt is On"
- When Anne imagines herself as a fierce hunter, her attire and the fact that she has a bow and arrow could be a reference to Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.
- Anne hallucinates Sprig when trying to survive in the wild. This seems to imply that she does consider him very knowledgeable to some degree.
- The Grubbles resemble éclairs.
- Some frogs have an unusual way of attracting prey. One notable method is called Pedal Luring, wherein a frog will tap its toes to send attractive vibrations towards insects for them to eat.
- The promotional poster for the episode resembles the ending to Episode 1 of Deltarune wherein the protagonist, Kris, rips out his heart and holds a knife up while his eye glows.