Around the World in Eighty Days is an animated short originally featured in episode #6 of Mickey Mouse Works. It was the 1st of the Mouse Tales shorts to be produced. It was later featured in the House of Mouse episode "Mickey and Minnie's Big Vacation". In 2005, it was released on DVD as part of the "Disney Learning Adventures" line of DVDs.
Based on Jules Verne's classic novel, in this adaptation Mickey Mouse must circumnavigate the globe in 80 days in order to receive his inheritance and save an orphanage.
- Mickey Mouse as Phileas Fogg (voiced by Wayne Allwine)
- Goofy as Jean Passepartout (voiced by Bill Farmer)
- Scrooge McDuck as Lord Abermarle (voiced by Alan Young)
- Minnie Mouse as Aouda (voiced by Russi Taylor)
- Dolores the Elephant
- Ostrich (voiced by Tony Jay)
- Narrator (voiced by John Cleese)
- Clarabelle Cow
- The monkeys that helped Mickey and Goofy get back on Dolores' back resembled the ones from the song "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" from The Lion King and the fez-wearing mongooses in the holes that Dolores stepped on resembled Timon.
- Mickey was supposed to leave on October 1 and be back on December 19th. However, that would make a total of 79 days. If to be back in 80 days, Mickey would have to start on September 30 or be back on December 20th.