Around the World in Eighty Days is an animated short originally featured in episode #6 of Mickey Mouse Works. It was the 1st of the Mouse Tales shorts to be produced. It was later featured in the House of Mouse episode "Mickey and Minnie's Big Vacation".
Based on Jules Verne's classic novel, in this adaptation Mickey Mouse must circumnavigate the globe in 80 days in order to receive his inheritance and save an orphanage.
- Mickey Mouse (Phileas Fogg)
- Goofy (Jean Passepartout)
- Scrooge McDuck (Lord Abermarle)
- Minnie Mouse (Aouda)
- Dolores the Elephant
- Pelican (unnamed)
- Ostrich (unnamed, Tony Jay)
- Narrator (John Cleese)
- Clarabelle Cow
- The monkeys that helped Mickey and Goofy get back on Dolores' back resembled the ones from the song "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" from The Lion King and the fez-wearing mongooses in the holes that Dolores stepped on resembled Timon.