When Artemis Fowl, a brilliant collector of ancient artifacts, is captured by a nefarious evildoer, his son, child genius Artemis Fowl II, will have to team up with LEP-RECON officer Holly Short and zany conman Mulch Diggums in order to rescue him. Along with his bodyguard and assistant, Domovoi Butler, Artemis II finds a conspiracy that threatens the entire world.
- Ferdia Shaw as Artemis Fowl II
- Lara McDonnell as Holly Short
- Josh Gad as Mulch Diggums
- Tamara Smart as Juliet Butler
- Nonso Anozie as Domovoi Butler
- Colin Farrell as Artemis Fowl I
- Judi Dench as Commander Root
- Hong Chau as a fairy
- Miranda Raison as Angeline Fowl
- Nikesh Patel as Foaley
- Joshua McGuire as Briar Cudgeon
- Chi Lin Nim as Trouble Kelp
- Jean Paul Ly as Nguyen Xuan
- Matt Jessup as Budd
- Michael Abubakar as Burr
- Simone Kirby as Mrs. Byrne
- Sally Messham as Sky Willow
- Bernando Santos as a groomsman
- Adrian Scarborough as the Goblin Chief
In July 2013, Walt Disney Pictures announced that an Artemis Fowl film covering the events of the first and second novels of the series would be produced by Disney and The Weinstein Company, with the screenplay by Michael Goldenberg. Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal signed onto the project as executive producers. On September 1, 2015, Variety reported that Kenneth Branagh had been hired to direct the film for Disney, with Irish playwright Conor McPherson as screenwriter and Judy Hofflund as an executive producer. On September 12, 2017, Disney announced that the film adaptation will be released on August 9, 2019. The following month, Disney removed Harvey Weinstein as the producer of the film and terminated its production partnership with The Weinstein Company following a sexual misconduct scandal involving Weinstein. Colfer supports the changes from the source material in the film.
On September 18, 2017, it was reported that Judi Dench was in talks for an unspecified role. On December 20, 2017, it was announced that Irish newcomer and grandson of Robert Shaw, Ferdia Shaw, had been cast as Artemis Fowl II, alongside Dench as Commander Root, Josh Gad as Mulch Diggums, Lara McDonnell as Captain Holly Short, and Nonso Anozie as Butler. 
- As it was originally slated for a theatrical release, this film is excepted to be the first Disney+ original film to use the 2019 MPA logo in the end credits.