Randy fights a robot, Smoke Bombs to temporarily escape from it, and enters the NinjaNomicon in order to get help. He uses the chain-sickle but failed, then used a shovel on the robot and won. He finds the fart box and keeps it to show Howard later.
In science class, Mrs. Driscoll tells Randy and Howard that they'll fail science class unless they win the science fair. Meanwhile, Marci suggests that McFist and Bash work together on Bash's science project. Neither are up to the idea, though, and McFist just has Viceroy build a machine for Bash.
Later that evening at Randy's house in his room, Randy shows Howard the fart box, and Howard played with it the whole night. He used the Fart Box in the Norrisville High Science Fair in order to pass science.
Later on at Norrisville High the Science Fair at the gym, Principal Slimovitz and Mrs. Driscoll and her husband Jerry Driscoll as the judges for the Science Fair. However, Mrs. Driscoll gave him and Howard an F for it. Howard angrily stormed to their project and pounded his fist on the fart box. Then the box began to shake before it suddenly fired a beam energy at Bucky's potato and turns his potato project into a mutate potato monster.
The Mutate potato terrified the students, Randy puts on his Ninja Mask to fight the mutate potato by using his Ninja Sword to slice the mutate potato into two ends up mutate potato are regenerated into more mutate potatoes, but his keep chopped up into more mutate potatoes.
Meanwhile Mrs. Discoll gives Bash's project a C that Viceroy built for him. During the fight Randy ends up wrecked the student's projects, well turns out Bash's project is the ninja killer robot the whole time.
Randy ends up fighting with mutant potatoes and killer robot by using his nomicon earlier The "When faced with a mighty enemy, counter with a mighty force" to defeat the robot, the robot began to smashing all the mutate potatoes into mush and he can defeated the robot.
Everybody are covered in potato mush and Principal Slimovitz demanded cleaning the mess so Randy and Howard can clean up the mess, However it was all just an act so Principal Slimovitz could know who was responsible for putting the school in danger, so he forced the boys to clean up the entire gym from the remains of the mutant potatoes.
When Faced with a Mighty Enemy, Counter with a Mightier Force.
- The title and plot is an allusion to the 1978 comedy horror film Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. The plot point of the killer potatoes being a mutated scientific experiment comes from the Killer Tomatoes sequels and the animated series, where the Killer Tomatoes were revealed to be the mutant army of the mad scientist, Professor Mortimer "Putrid" T. Gangrene.
- The mutated potatoes in this episode are similar to the Phineas and Ferb episode "Lotsa Latkes" where the potatoes were also mutated by accident.
- Bash complains that Mrs. Driscoll doesn't know how to count to C, a reference to Randy's math book having the title Math: Easy as 1-2-C.
- A background joke in this episode consists of many of the science projects having a name beginning with "Our Friend the ..." with the final word increasing in absurdity with each new shot, including "Our Friend the Potato," "Our Friend the Tree," "Our Friend the Log," "Our Friend the Changing Room", (into which Randy dodges to change into the Ninja), "Our Friend the Sheet Rock," "Our Friend the Priceless Oil Painting," and "Our Friend the Pane of Sheet Glass".
- The last two mock the convention in action movies to have objects such as paintings and panes of glass shattered in the course of a fight or chase scene; in a clever subversion, neither is damaged in Randy's robot fight here.
- One of the science projects is an ant-farm under the title "ANTZ". This may be a reference to the 1998 DreamWorks animated film of the same name, the first full-length animated feature released under the DreamWorks label.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|