Avatar: Flight of Passage is a 3D augmented reality flying simulator attraction within Pandora: The World of Avatar that opened at Disney's Animal Kingdom on May 27, 2017. The attraction allows guests to take flight on a mountain Banshee and soar across the landscape of Pandora.
In the attraction's storyline, the humans and Na'vi are attempting to restore the banshee population to natural levels. The Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) has reactivated the avatar program as a method of conducting research, and allows guests to sync with an avatar to fly on a banshee to partake in the Na'vi's tribal coming-of-age tradition.
Set within the remains of a Resources Development Administration facility, the attraction invites guests into the Alpha Centauri Expeditions lab where guests are linked to an "avatar" and fly aboard a banshee across the Valley of Mo'ara.
- The only Animatronic is a developing Na'vi Avatar and is present in the queue line.
- The ride's queue is one of the longest queue lines at Disney World.
- Beer cans can be seen strewn about as remnants of the original mining facility.
- "‘Avatar’ Ride Coming to Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom", Variety (December 10, 2014). Retrieved on August 14, 2015.
- "Everything You Need To Know About Disney's New 'Avatar'-Themed Land", Forbes (April 26, 2017). Retrieved on April 27, 2017.
- Martens, Todd (April 29, 2017). "What it's like to walk, ride and fly through Disney World's new Pandora park", Los Angeles Times.