"Bad Ear Day" is the ninth episode of Mickey Mouse.
Mickey unbelievably loses his trademark round ears and has to hunt them down.
Mickey sleeps with a pillow Mickey searches for his ears after losing them before a date with Minnie while being deaf at the same time. Upon discovering that the second and third pucks on the ice hockey rink are his ears, Mickey has to win a game for the home team to retrieve his ears.
Character Voice Cast
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Don Cherry - Hockey Game Announcer
- Paul Rudish
- When Mickey rushes into the city to find his ears, a sign advertising King Candy can be seen in a window.
- Another sign reads "Family Books, est. 1955" (a possible reference to Disneyland's opening year).
- When Mickey is getting ready for his date, a bottle of after-shave called "Old Mice" (a reference to Old Spice) can be seen next to the sink.
- This short has a lot of similarities with Mickey's Delayed Date, except for the fact that Mickey doesn't lose his ears like what happens here.
- The setting of the second episode, "Yodelberg", is shown on Mickey’s pillow at the beginning.
- The aria that Clara Cluck is clucking to is Largo al factotum from The Barber of Seville, by Gioachino Rossini.
- Because of the deaf-like nature of the episode, some viewers commented that they thought their speakers were broken when they viewed this episode for the first time.