Beach Picnic is a cartoon starring Donald Duck and Pluto released June 9, 1939.
Donald and Pluto's swimming trip to the beach is interrupted by a swarm of hungry ants, among other things.
- Disneyland, episode #1.6: "A Story of Dogs"
- The Mickey Mouse Club, November 30, 1955
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #37
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #26
- Have a Laugh!, episode #30
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, July 2, 2015
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- Donald placing a pie on the picnic blanket.
- Donald struggling to ride the inflatable horse.
- Pluto listening for the whinnying made allegedly by the horse (but actually by Donald).
- Pluto's confused battle with the inflatable horse; it only shows him deflating the horse with his mouth and getting himself inflated with air that sends him flying.
- One ant scouting for food and, after spotting the picnic (which is shown), calling out to the other ants in the sound of an Indian war hoop.
- The majority of the scene of the ants on and making off with the food; it only shows the ants finishing making a sandwich.
- Donald vowing to get even with the ants.
- The scene of one ant making off with a slice of cake.
- The scene of Pluto struggling with the fly paper is reduced significantly.
- Donald's face getting hidden behind fly paper as Pluto licks his face.