Following another attempt to capture, but losing Gandra Dee, Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera and Huey Duck return home to figure out what their next course of action is right after retrieving an electronic disruptor that she stole. While in the underwater lab of the money bin, Fenton, avoiding talks with Gyro Gearloose and his mother, goes to his lab and enters a virtual landscape called the "GizmoCloud" which he shares with Gandra. It turns out that the two are secretly continuing their relationship unbeknownst to either McDuck Enterprises or F.O.W.L.. The GizmoCloud is a free space world for thinkers who want to share their ideas with others. However, the project is still in its early testing phases as there are glitches everywhere and the two are worried that their respective parties will be upset at them.
Meanwhile, Mark Beaks' popularity is tanking and he is running out of ideas, with a reporter calling his attempts at stealing Gizmoduck's armor "sad". He eventually resolves to steal from him again. Huey catches Fenton using the GizmoCloud and enters where he learns of Gandra's duplicitous nature. She admits that she was always self-conscious about her ideas as a child, and it forced her to experiment on herself. Upon meeting Fenton, she became more confident and has been wanting to change and plans to quit F.O.W.L. when they finally go public with the GizmoCloud. Huey decides to keep their secret "for science and love".
Huey is confronted by M'Ma Cabrera who, using her interrogation techniques, attempts to get Huey to talk; having deduced that Fenton has a girlfriend. Gyro comes and he too finds Huey's appearance suspicious. Huey tries to get Louie, disguised as him, to help him out, but M'Ma sees right through him; forcing him to lock them in the closet. Beaks breaks into Fenton's house and finds him using the GizmoCloud. After overhearing a frustrated Huey explain what it is, he uses the opportunity to hack in and traps Fenton and Gandra. Fenton has his body in the real world tap in Morse code to Huey who figures out what is happening and is told to finally tell everyone, much to his relief.
Huey, Gyro and M'Ma enter the GizmoCloud and free Fenton and Gandra. Together, they create their own gizmo suits to battle Beaks who proceeds to steal aspects of each of their suits. When they mock him for "having a big head", yet no original ideas, he literally becomes a big head; allowing them to take advantage of him and kick him out of the GizmoCloud. M'Ma ends up accepting Gandra, mostly because she can understand Fenton, while Gyro praises their virtual landscape and even fixes their glitches. Fenton and Gandra happily agree to continue their relationship. M'Ma allows Gandra to call her by the name mom, which Gizmoduck cries of joy.
Upon exiting, Gandra is confronted by Bradford Buzzard who knows of her plans to quit. He has her captured and sent to the "Lost Library" as punishment for trying to leave F.O.W.L..
- Danny Pudi as Huey Duck
- Bobby Moynihan as Louie Duck
- Lin-Manuel Miranda as Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera/Gizmoduck
- Jameela Jamil as Gandra Dee
- Josh Brener as Mark Beaks
- Jim Rash as Gyro Gearloose
- Marc Evan Jackson as Bradford Buzzard
- Selenis Leyva as Officer Cabrera
- Eric Bauza as Reporter, Customer
- Kimberly D. Brooks as Young Female Pig, Customers
- The episode's title is a reference to Ghost in the Shell.
- This is the first episode to air in 2021.
- Louie learns that Fenton is Gizmoduck in this episode.
- Louie is capable of perfectly mimicking Huey's voice (as previously seen in "GlomTales!").
- In a very unusual detail, a visibly pregnant duck can be seen during Gizmoduck's flyby, somewhat confirming that avian characters within the series are capable of being in such a condition presumably before they lay eggs.
- When Mark Beaks enters the GizmoCloud, he creates the hoverboard from Back to the Future Part II.
- When Huey tries to remove Mark Beaks from the GizmoCloud, he is treated with a message of Mark Beaks wagging his finger and telling him "Uh, uh, uh. You didn't say the magic word." This bit is lifted straight from Jurassic Park.
- When M'Ma Cabrera creates a gizmo suit for herself, Mark Beaks comments that she is a "robot cop" and that it could be a franchise. He is of course talking about the film series Robocop.
- Beaks becomes a giant head with hands within GizmoCloud, a nod to the villain Andross from the Star Fox video games.
- In a deleted scene, the young female pig would have been revealed to be Timmy Jenkins' older sister Tammy Jenkins.
- While explaining why she joined F.O.W.L., Gandra can be seen as a child losing a science fair to a bicarbonate volcano, similar to Heinz Doofenshmirtz.