"Bearly Alive" is the seventeenth episode of The Disney Afternoon animated series, TaleSpin. It premiered on September 24, 1990.
- This episode is similar to the DuckTales episode "Scrooge's Last Adventure" in which one of the characters misinterpret a call saying that one of the characters will die.
- The Bearmuda Trapezoid is a play on the Bermuda Triangle.
- Howard Huge's Goons are the same ones working for Trader Moe from "Time Waits for No Bear", "Double or Nothing", and "The Golden Sprocket of Friendship".
- Howard Huge's name is an obvious pun on famed aviation pioneer, Howard Hughes.
- Also his "Titanium Turkey" seems to be a parody of the Spruce Goose, a derogateory term for his pet project the Hughes H-4 Hercules.
- Amelia Airhead's name is an obvious pun on famed aviator, Amelia Earhart, while Charles Limburger is a pun on famed aviator Charles Lindbergh.
- The Wright Brothers, Orville and Wilbur, are also featured in the episode, with Baloo referring to them by the nickname of "the Kitty Hawk Kids", in reference to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
- The title is a pun on the phrase "Barely Alive".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.