The cartoon begins with the hotel manager scolding Donald that he had received more complaints about his conduct. Donald will be fired unless he stops insulting his guests. The manager gives him a badge with the words, "The guest is always right". This is tested when Pete (who is surprisingly a wealthy, refine businessman in this short) arrives with his bratty son Junior. Pete's son takes advantage of Donald's situation by tormenting him throughout the whole short until Donald has finally had enough of the boy's antics and gets himself fired in order to spank Pete Jr. as much as he wants.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- Unseen Hotel Manager (voiced by Glen Couch)
- Pegleg Pete (voiced by John McLeish)
- P.J. (voiced by Clarence Nash)
- Disneyland, episode #4.7: "Duck for Hire"
- The Mickey Mouse Club, October 29, 1956
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #55
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #50
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 2
- P.J.'s physical appearance in this short looks similar to the Fleischer Studios character Bimbo.
- A similar unnamed character to P.J. from this cartoon would later reappear in the Legend of the Three Caballeros episode "Dope-a Cabana". As a homage to this cartoon, this P.J. lookalike provokes and torments barber Donald, and when Donald ruins his haircut, this causes his Pete-like mother to berate Donald, and the duck to lose his job.