The series follows a temperamental basketball coach(John Stamos, "Marvyn Korn") who is fired from his current job and ends up in an elite girl's private high school.
- John Stamos as Marvyn Korn
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Holly Barrett
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Sherilyn Thomas
- Richard Robichaux as George Pappas
- Sophia Mitri Schloss as Emma Korn
- Nell Verlaque as Louise Gruzinsky
- Tiana Le as Destiny Winters
- Monique Green as Olive Cooper
- Tisha Custodio as Carolyn "Mouse" Smith
- Cricket Wampler as Samantha "Giggles" Finkman
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Harper Schapira
- Keala Settle as Christina Winters
- Emery Kelly as Dylan
In October 2019, Disney+ ordered a ten episode hour-long dramedy based on the original idea by Brad Garrett who pitched the idea to David E. Kelley and developed it along with Dean Lorey. The trio along with Bill D'Elia were to executive produce with ABC Signature. Lorey was to write the script and D'Elia to direct the first episode.
Big Shot began in November 2019. In March 2020, production was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Production for the series also shut down for a day in November after a positive COVID-19 test that later resulted in being a false positive, and for the rest of 2020 in December. Filming is set to resume in January 2021 in Los Angeles.
- The Marvyn Korn Effect
Behind the Scenes
- This is Yvette Nicole Brown second project on Disney+. Her first project on Disney+ was Lady and the Tramp (2019 film) where she played Aunt Sarah.