Anne’s music box goes missing at the mysterious and exclusive Bizarre Bazaar.
After coming back from the Archives and finding no information about the mysterious music box, Anne and the Plantars are stopped by small creatures who are exiting a small tree. Sprig digs inside and spots a small egg that he identifies as an entrance key to the Bizarre Bazaar, a nightly market that appears and disappears annually. Anne becomes convinced that the Bizarre Bazaar might hold the answers to the music box. However, Hop Pop discourages them from going as the Bizarre Bazaar is known for being covered with seedy individuals who steal things. Nevertheless, Anne and Sprig sneak out at night. The egg cracks and a small creature escapes and runs into the woods where it burrows into the ground and lights a pathway for Anne and Sprig into the Bizarre Bazaar.
The two of them explore their surroundings until they find a antiques stand that has artifacts similar to the Calamity Box. The owner, Valeriana, is out to lunch, so they eat first. Soon after Valeriana arrives and Anne attempts to ask her a question, but gets distracted and her backpack gets stolen by a thief. As she and Sprig race after him, Valeriana comments that Anne might be the one she is looking for. Anne and Sprig catch up to the thief (another vendor named Marine) who refuses to acknowledge the backpack as being Anne's. He tells them that in order to win, they need to join his bug racing game and they accept.
Joining them in the race, is the Wrecker a legendary figure who is grizzled and intimidating. They race around the field, but ultimately, the Wrecker wins after using a blue shell on them. As the Wrecker takes the backpack, the Bizarre Bazaar closes and all the vendors and tents disappear. Saddened and defeated, Anne and Sprig are surprised by the Wrecker, who removes his disguise to reveal himself as Hop Pop. The kids apologize for not listening to him and Anne gives him the music box for safe keeping, asking him to make a solemn promise he must find answers.
In the last scene, later that night however, Hop Pop buries the box next to the tree beside the house, not wanting to see Anne bringing it around as it is too dangerous for the family, thus defying her.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar, The Wrecker
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Susanne Blakeslee as Valeriana
- Bill Kopp as Marine
- James Patrick Stuart as One-Eyed Wally
- Eden Riegel as Walking Red Ball, One Eyed Purple Ball
- Jack Ferraiolo as The Wrecker, Long Legged Frog, Cloaked Figures, Scared Yellow Racer Frog, Muscular Betting Frog
- Matt Braly as Poker Frog, Cloaked Figures
- During the cockroach race against Anne and Sprig, the Wrecker uses a blue spiky shelled beetle as a weapon. This is a nod to the Spiny Shell from the Mario Kart games.
- The red hourglass symbol on Valerina and the other black-cape wearers resemble the mark found on the Black Widow Spider.
- Anne and Sprig state that they do not have any romantic attraction towards each other, although Sprig reason is due too the age gap between each other.
- This episode might take place immediately after "Trip to the Archives" as it opens with Anne and the Plantars having just come back from it.
- The events of this episode are continued into the Season 2 episode, "After the Rain".