- “Long live the king.”
Black Panther is a 2018 superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It is based on the Marvel superhero character Black Panther, who made his debut in the 2016 film Captain America: Civil War, and set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was released on February 16, 2018.
Black Panther follows T'Challa who, after the events of Captain America: Civil War, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as Wild King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as both Wild King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a riot conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.
To be added
- Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
- Michael B. Jordan as N'Jadaka/Erik Killmonger
- Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia
- Danai Gurira as Okoye
- Martin Freeman as Everett Ross
- Daniel Kaluuya as W'Kabi
- Letitia Wright as Shuri
- Winston Duke as M'Baku
- Angela Bassett as Ramonda
- Forest Whitaker as Zuri
- Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaw
- John Kani as T'Chaka
- Sterling K. Brown as N'Jobu
- Florence Kasumba as Ayo
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/White Wolf (post-credits scene)
- Stan Lee in a cameo role
Black Panther premiered on the following dates and countries:
- February 13, 2018 (Hong Kong, Ireland, Taiwan, United Kingdom)
- February 14, 2018 (Belgium, France, Indonesia, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden)
- February 15, 2018 (Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine, Uruguay)
- February 16, 2018 (Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Canada, Finland, India, Lithuania, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Vietnam)
- February 17, 2018 (Tunisia)
- February 23, 2018 (Estonia)
- February 26, 2018 (Russia)
- March 1, 2018 (Japan)
- March 9, 2018 (China)
Black Panther was released on Blu Ray/Digital, DVD, and 4K Blu Ray/Blu Ray/Digital, on May 15, 2018. The film was made available for streaming on Disney+ on March 4, 2020.
On November 29, 2020, Marvel Studios changed the studio's logo animation in the opening of the film to include images of Chadwick Boseman from the film, as well as his appearances in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Concept art from the film and excerpts from the script were also included. This change was done on the Disney+ version of the film, to honor Boseman on what would have been his 44th birthday after he died in August 2020 from colon cancer.
- When Shuri says "Great, anther broken white boy for us to fix", it references the ending of Captain America: Civil War, when T'Challa and Shuri agreed to help get the HYDRA brainwashed program out of Bucky.
- There is a sequel planned but main actor Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa) died in August 28, 2020, before production for the sequel could begin. It is unknown if the sequel will definitely go forward.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Black Panther (film). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|