Anne wakes up in terror to discover that she has acne. The Plantar family do not seem to mind her appearance however, though she is still devastated by her pimples. Hop Pop forces Anne to leave the house to help sell the scream beans at the market, so she goes with a head scarf and sunglasses feeling that she will be ostracized and mocked even further by the townspeople. Two children accidentally knock her disguise away where to her surprise the townspeople are in love with her "ruby red warts" and begin to praise her for her appearance. Meanwhile, Mayor Toadstool learns from Toadie that his acceptance polls are down and he needs to find some way get them back up, as he had been scamming the townsfolk of their taxes. He sees Anne getting praise and suddenly gets an idea.
Mayor Toadstool invites Anne to act as a spokesperson for him and she accepts as this means that people will stop being afraid and frightened of her. She begins to abuse her fame with the Plantars being left in the dust by Anne's success. Anne receives many gifts; opens new buildings, orphanages and statues; and is given her own fancy room in the Town Hall. Despite the Plantars voicing their disappointment in Anne being a different person, Hop Pop still asks Polly and Sprig to respect and support Anne as she still "deep-deep-deep down cared for them". Anne wakes up one day to see that her zits are gone and contacts the Plantars who willingly help her. They sneak her away from her fans, known as "f-annes" and take her to a nearby swamp so that she can use swamp berries as replacements for her acne as they look similar, Anne thanks them for their help before hurrying back to Wartwood.
Anne arrives to give her speech to the Wartwood citizens and explains to the Mayor that she had been with the Plantars, Mayor Toadstool points out that due to her new status she shouldn't be hanging out with the lower class anymore. Anne nods and says she understands before heading out onto the stage to give a speech. Not wanting to live a lie, Anne removes her berries in front of everyone much to their shock and Mayor Toadstool humiliates himself by calling the citizens idiots, asking how he would get their votes now before being pelted by fruit. The Plantars take Anne back in as their "monster in the basement" and they all celebrate by deciding to use the Jacuzzi in the suite that Mayor Toadstool had given Anne earlier before they change the locks.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool
- Jack McBrayer as Toadie
- Laila Berzins as Worm Vendor
- Liam O'Brien as Blue Frog Wearing Hat & Glasses Frog
- Eden Riegel as Green Frog Kid
- Keith Silverstein as Brown Overalls Frog & Bearded Frog
- Amir Talai as Watering Frog & Heart Shirt Frog
- Mark Whitten as Pointed Hat Frog
- The statue of Anne holding a small frog's hand is a reference to the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse.
- Mayor Toadstool is not a popular major and has a fear losing elections.
- When Hop Pop acts a distraction for Anne, Sprig and Polly to escape he says "Fly you fools", a famous quote from Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings.
- Polly's line "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" is possibly a reference to the Futurama episode "A Clockwork Origin", in which Professor Farnsworth said the same phrase.
- In the Southeast Asian dub, when Polly said "Old Man" was edited out.