- “I'm getting my vest dirty and I don't even care!”
Sometime after Eugene decided to stop being Flynn Rider and gave up his thieving ways, Brock, who happens to look just like Eugene, decided to take on the role of the former thief and continue Eugene's "legacy" as Flynn Rider.
Brock looks a lot like Eugene in his Flynn Rider attire, but there's one difference: he has grown a small mustache, something which even Eugene pointed out.
Role in the Series
Brock Thunderstrike appears in the episode "Flynnpostor". After Rapunzel's Crown is stolen (in the same way as Eugene did in Tangled), Eugene Fitzherbert is handed a WANTED poster with a drawing of "Flynn Rider" that he thinks it is of himself. Eugene grows suspicious about the presence of another Flynn Rider, so he sets off with Maximus, Rapunzel, and Pascal to investigate. Brock, as "Flynn Rider", is first seen reveling in his stolen riches, with Eugene watching him from a distance and feeling jealous of him. Brock then finds himself being chased by Eugene on Maximus, and when Brock grabs onto a vine and swings around a tree, Eugene intercepts him by smacking him with Rapunzel's frying pan, then Rapunzel ties up the unconscious Brock in her hair (just like she did when she first met Eugene).
After regaining consciousness, Brock introduces himself as "Flynn Rider" and has an argument with Eugene over the alias, with Brock claiming that he gave the character a "long overdue upgrade" with his mustache. After escaping Eugene and Rapunzel, Brock takes all the money and the crown but runs into the Baron who believes him to be the real Flynn Rider. Eugene and Rapunzel go to save Brock but Eugene also gets trapped with Brock thanks to the Baron. When Brock and Eugene are about to meet their demise, Brock apologizes for taking Eugene's alias and reveals his name to be Brock Thunderstrike, to Eugene's disbelief.
After Eugene unties Brock, Brock flees leaving Eugene to almost drown until Pascal rescues him. However, Brock returns and knocks the Baron out with the frying pan just as he is about to crush Eugene. Brock and Eugene try to save Rapunzel until Brock is almost crushed by a rock and saved by Rapunzel. Eugene is about arrest Brock for stealing the crown, but at Rapunzel's urging, he decides to let him go as long as he goes by his own name and finds his own path in life. Brock then sees a crab which he keeps as a pet and leaves.
Brock later appears as a cameo appearance during the series finale "Plus Est En Vous", where he celebrates happily ever after with the rest of Corona and is shown to have entered a relationship with Eugene's ex-fiance' and the Baron's daughter, Stalyan.
- Brock names his pet crab Hulk Lightning-Claw. This might be a nod to the Marvel characters Hulk and Thor.
- There are several references to Tangled in regards to Brock's actions.
- Brock steals Rapunzel's crown the same way as Eugene did.
- Brock runs through the forest from Eugene and Maximus in the same manner as Eugene runs from the Captain of the Guards after stealing the crown.
- Pascal sticks his tongue in Brock's ear to wake him up, just like the former did to Eugene.
- Rapunzel ties up Brock with her hair, just like she did to Eugene.
- When Brock escapes from The Snuggly Duckling, it is a reference to when Rapunzel and Eugene escaped.
- Brock confessed to Eugene about his name like how Eugene did to Rapunzel.
- When Brock knocks the Baron out with a frying pan, he says: "Oh mamma, I have got to get me one of these." These are exactly the same words said by Eugene after knocking out 4 guards with a frying pan.