Bulda is shown towards the beginning of the film, when King Agnarr and Queen Iduna are rushing to save Anna, after she is struck by Elsa's ice powers. A young Kristoff and Sven arrive at the scene, where Bulda adopts them.
Bulda appears later in the film, during the second meeting with the trolls and the "Fixer Upper" song sequence. Bulda takes Anna for Kristoff's girlfriend, along with the other female trolls, assist in dressing Anna in her troll wedding outfit.
Bulda plays a much smaller role, first appearing after the Arendellians were forced out of their home by the spirits. She excitedly leaps onto Kristoff, exclaiming that she and the trolls have missed him. During the climax, she, Cliff, and Grand Pabbie are seen watching alongside the Arendellians as Elsa saves the kingdom from being destroyed by a massive wave.
- The junior novelization and Essential Guide misspell her name as "Hulda".
- She is 700 years old, according to the Essential Guide.
- Bulda's name is phonetically similar to the word "boulder".
- Lee, Jennifer (September 23, 2013). "Frozen Final Shooting Draft", p. 83
- Frozen: The Junior Novelization, p. 8
- Frozen: The Essential Guide, p. 51