Kion and his family are on their way to Misimu Grove to see the elephant concert when Ono flies in and tells him that the Guard needs him: Antelopes have gotten stuck in a mudslide. Kion tells his family to go on without him because he has a job to do and leaves with Ono. The rest of the Royal Family continue on their way. Suddenly, the ground starts rumbling and Simba falls down into a sinkhole. Ono alerts the Guard to this. When the Guard arrives, Bunga jumps in and gets himself stuck too. Simba and Bunga start to argue about how to get out. When one of Kion's attempts to help them climb out reveals a tunnel, Simba and Bunga go in it to get out. Bunga and Simba continue to argue until they find common ground in the form of the fact they were both raised by Timon and Pumbaa. After they get out, everyone heads to the elephant concert.
- Max Charles as Kion
- Atticus Shaffer as Ono
- Joshua Rush as Bunga
- Dusan Brown as Beshte
- Diamond White as Fuli
- Kevin Schon as Timon
- Ernie Sabella as Pumbaa
- Gabrielle Union as Nala
- Rob Lowe as Simba
- Lynette DuPree as Ma Tembo
- Eden Riegel as Kiara
- In this episode the relationship between Simba and Bunga, as foster brothers, is recognized for the first time.
- Both of them are adopted by Timon and Pumbaa since Bunga is adopted in the TV series while Simba is adopted in the The Lion King.
- The episode contains a couple of throwbacks to the original Lion King movie. These include the song "Hakuna Matata" as well as the scene where Simba falls into the ground (which is very similar to how his father, Mufasa, falls to his death in The Lion King).
- "Bunga and the King" is the only episode not to have an original song.
- Moral: people all have things in common.