CJ appears in the animated series as Freddie's best friend and partner-in-crime on the Isle of the Lost. In her first four appearances, she is only slightly seen in the shadows, peeking from behind curtains and reaching her hand out from under a table, behind a chair and kicking. After Freddie fulfilled her end of the bargain and helped her escape the Island, she betrayed their arrangement by treating her as her minion instead of a partner. During the Neon Lights Ball, she sabotages the dance to rally the rest of the Villain Kids in a plot against Auradon, believing the villain children are destined to be better villains than their parents. When the VKs refuse to join her cause, CJ absconds on a magic carpet she stole from Jay and Carlos, though plots her return.
In "Celebration", CJ seemingly shows up uninvited and looked as if she was going to ruin the Jewel-bilee. Instead, she encourages the VKs and AKs to get the show going, indicating that she might have decided to take a break from her evil-doing for the time being.
- In the Isle of the Lost novel there is a character known as "Harriet" who is also the daughter of Captain Hook. In Descendants 2 there is a character known as Harry Hook who is the son of Captain Hook. This was clarified in Rise of the Isle of the Lost that all three are siblings, with Harriet as the oldest, then Harry and finally CJ being the youngest.
- CJ shares the same initials as her father's full name "Captain James Hook".
- Her full name, Calista Jane Hook, was revealed in Rise of the Isle of the Lost.
- She is the fourth new character to appear in Descendants: Wicked World.
- CJ was first introduced at the 2016 Toy Fair, announced by the Hasbro toy company.
- The face patterns on CJ's tights resemble the map of Neverland in Peter Pan.
- In the Escape from the Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel, it is revealed that CJ was sent back to the Isle. Though she appears to not be bitter about it; she encouraged Harriet to go to the presentation about Auradon in the hopes she would get picked.
Merchandise and Miscellaneous