Just when Pepper Ann finally gets around to renewing his license, Steve the Cat runs away -- and becomes a mascot for a local lottery show.
Lydia tells Pepper Ann that she needs to renew Steve the Cat's license as he is her responsibility. Annoyed that Steve destroyed her homework, Pepper Ann wishes she never had a cat. After getting around to renewing the license, Pepper Ann discovers Steve missing and slowly becomes concerned. Elsewhere, Mindy the supermodel complains to her television network boss about her "celery" needs to increase. Larry, the boss, fires her and needs a new lotto presenter and discovers Steve chasing a butterfly. Despite his assistant Davis' concern that he might belong to someone else, Larry insists that Steve, or Lotto Cat, is theirs now.
Lydia and Moose assure Pepper Ann that Steve will return, but when it becomes evident that he is not coming back, Pepper Ann panics and demands that they search for him; hiring Milo, Nicky and the Diggetys to help find him. Meanwhile, Steve's popularity skyrockets with his method of calling lotto numbers, by simply walking across the lotto mechanism, becoming a huge hit. Pepper Ann's friends and family put up flyers to help look for Steve, unaware of clear advertisements pasted around Hazelnut giving away his location. Pepper Ann solemnly admits to herself that she lost Steve for good.
Steve ends up destroying the lotto studio and is kicked out by Larry before going back to chasing butterflies. Pepper Ann sulks in the backyard and tries to make peace with Steve's disappearance, only to find him; convinced he was there the whole time. The family is happy to have Steve back at home with Pepper Ann having a better appreciation for him. Meanwhile, the television executives have picked a new lotto number caller, Dieter Lederhosen, or as he goes by Lotto Liepshin.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Adlon as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson, Sherrie Spleen
- Rob Paulsen as Davis
- Alex Rocco as Larry
- Kath Soucie as Supermodel Mindy
- Jenna von Oÿ as Trinket St. Blair
- This episode reveals that Lydia got Steve the Cat for Pepper Ann because she would not accept Moose as her sister and tried to get rid of her on multiple occasions.
- Pepper Ann apparently has a giant cat scar on her arm, but for continuity reasons, this is the only episode where it is visible.