Cecil makes television commercials, with some notable works such Toosy Cooshy Toiler Paper Extravaganza (Notable for his Salute to Toupie) or Rosy Tosies (Raised Foot Oder to an Art Form).
He refers to Cruella as "Sister" in the episode "Coup DeVil", but in the same episode he refers to Malevola De Vil, Cruella's mother, by name rather than as "mother". This could mean that he has a strained relationship with her or he would rather refer to her by her name. Cecil appeared in three of the TV series episodes:
- "Prima Doggy", where Cecil did not have the typical De Vil half black/half white hair and where he wasn't really evil. Cecil holds an audition for the new "Kanine Krunchies" commercial, where he eventually reveals that he wants a "natural" dog for the role and unexpectedly casts Lucky (who had fallen into Cecil's lap) as the spokes pup, after seeing how natural a dog he is. However, he was so fixated on getting the perfect commercial that he made Lucky go through 400 takes, until Lucky, stuffed from eating, hesitated to eat the kibble, so Cecil fired him and hired Spot to star in the "Chicken Flavored Kanine Krunchies" commercial.
- "Coup DeVil", where Cecil had the typical physiognomic details of the De Vils and where he was really evil. Cecil tries to destroy the Dearly Farm for Malevola using an inflatable monster piloted by Jasper and Horace. This plan failed when Lucky placed a pin under its foot, causing it to pop and shoot around (propelled by the escaping air) as far back as over Cruella's trailer.
- "DeVil-Age Elder", where he could be seen on a portrait in the De Vil family gallery.
Descendants: Isle of the Lost
- Cecil's name is an obvious parody of filmmaker Cecil B. Demille.
- Cecil is not the father of Ivy De Vil, Cruella's niece, meaning that Cruella and Cecil must have another sibling, most likely a brother, who would be the parent of Ivy.
- Cecil is the only one of Cruella's relatives introduced in The Series to appear as a neutral character at first. He is also the only one who was not a major antagonist for once: Ivy is the antagonist of "Beauty Pageant Pandemonium", P.H. De Vil is the antagonist of "Food for Thought", Malevola is the antagonist of "Coup DeVil", and Dimsdale De Vil is the antagonist of "DeVil-Age Elder".
- In the book Descendants and The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel Cecil B has a nephew named Carlos De Vil and a Son Diego De Vil