- “I know what you're seeking. How does it begin, and how will it end? All shall be revealed. For the cards never lie. A great love, for one another, for their friends, and for a kingdom. But these friendships will be tested. Some will bend, some will break. Why, you ask? It's quite simple. A great evil, one from within, that cannot go without, will have their revenge. And all in Auradon will pay. Forever.”
- ―Celia, in the "Is it Celia?" Trailer
Celia Facilier is the daughter of Dr. Facilier and the younger sister of Freddie Facilier. On the Isle of the Lost, Her father was sucked into a voodoo hell for eternity, Celia worked as a fortune teller and errand-runner for Hades. During VK Day, Celia is one of the four new VK's brought to Auradon alongside her friends Dizzy Tremaine (her best friend) and Squeaky & Squirmy Smee.
Celia's been described as feisty, sassy, and has a knack for being "mean". In fact, during VK Day, Mal claimed that Celia could use a little time in Fairy Godmother's goodness class. This is shown on multiple occasions, namely leaving the Isle and after Audrey's age spell had worn off on Mal.
She's also very mischievous and witty, especially in regards to making money. This is in the case of her interaction with Hades and the VKs. This is partly due to being raised by her father, Dr. Facilier.
However, Celia can be loyal, caring, and brave, especially when the situation calls for it. She deeply cares for her loved ones, especially Dizzy and her father, and is more than willing to protect them. She is also trustworthy, as she was willing to keep Mal's secret about Hades. But in potentially dangerous situations she tends to become easily frightened, such as when Audrey trapped the group in Evie's Cottage.
Despite her mischievous and cunning tendencies, Celia does not tolerate blatant deception about matters she deems important and has a strong sense of morality.
Celia is a pretty girl with medium brown skin, dark brown eyes, and curly dark red hair which is brown at the roots and assorted into many small braids.
Her primary outfit consists of a multicolored suit of various designs and patterns, and colors such as reds, greens, purples, and pinks. Underneath her jacket is a sleeveless white shirt with a green collar with a green skull motif in the center. Hanging from her purple belt is an owl keychain with yellow frills. Her most notable accessory is the tiny hat that sits on the side of her head, and it is maroon with a small multicolored skull and dark feathers. It is only seen in the movie twice. For the majority of the movie, she wears a green and purple headband and multiple accessories, such as bracelets and dark red fingerless gloves.
Her VK Day outfit has a denim theme. She wears ripped jeans with colorful frills, with a matching skirt and jacket. Underneath is a shirt depicting a face and a pendant with a skull motif. Her iconic hat is black with purple and white flowers and a small fabric hat shape, with vibrant fingerless gloves.
Powers & Abilities
Being the daughter of Dr. Facilier, Celia inherited the following powers:
- Voodoo Manipulation: Because of her father's voodoo physiology, Celia has the power of Voodoo Manipulation the ability to use voodoo magic and control anything dark and death-like.
- Card Manipulation: Celia has the ability to control and manipulate her shadow cards just like her father.
- Cartomancy: Celia has the ability to use shadow cards to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the subject.
- Shadow Manipulation: Like her father Dr. Facilier, Celia has the ability to generate and manipulate shadows for various purposes and effects.
- Animated Shadow: Like her father, Celia has the ability to transform her shadow into a living being. As the rule of anything happening to her body happens to the shadow.
- Mediumship: Celia has the ability to perceive and communicate with spirits and those who are in the afterlife. An example of this ability is when she said she has "friends on the other side".
- According to her application, her birthday is on October 31st and she is 13 years old.
- It is unknown if Celia and Freddie share a close relationship as they are sisters.