- “The Sorcerer Balls were flung to the four corners of Norrisville. If reunited, the Orbs will unleash an evil unseen for 800 years. You must protect the balls at any cost!”
- ―Excerpt from the NinjaNomicon
The Chaos Pearls are said to contain a terrible darkness, a source of unlimited power, that seems to be connected to the Land of Shadows. The pearls corrupt anyone who uses them while also granting the user uncanny powers. The user will be transformed into an evil version of themselves, and once they succumb to the darkness, the better part of them is lost for all time. This fate befell the Sorcerer, who was once a man, after happening upon one such pearl.
The pearls are the source of the Sorcerer's dark powers, and he wears them as a belt around his hips. They are powered by chaos, which is created by possessing the vulnerable and transforming them into monsters. As the amount of chaos increases, more pearls float into the air as they are energized. If the Sorcerer ever gains enough power for his pearls, he'll have enough power to escape from his prison beneath of Norrisville High.
When a person has hold of an orb, the Sorcerer can control the person as long as the orb is close enough to him. He uses this to control Catfish Booray in "Welcome Back Catfish" and turn him into a monster by having him swallow the pearl. However, once Catfish is too far out of reach, the Sorcerer loses control of him, although Catfish only changes back after Randy causes him to hork up the ball. Plop Plop, the guardian of the second pearl, was protected from the Sorcerer's influence by a magic seal in a hidden temple for 800 years. However, when Randy lets him out in "Aplopalypse Now", the seal is broken and the Sorcerer gains control of Plop Plop. In order to stop him, Randy opens the Nomicon for Plop Plop to transfer into before he gives the ball to the Sorcerer.
The pearl is also able to control someone's dreams. In "Ninjception" , the ball traps Randy in a dream-loop in order to force him to open the Sorcerer's prison and give itself to the Sorcerer. Pretending to be Howard in the dream, it attempts to persuade Randy, and it almost succeeds as Randy sleepwalks to the school and puts the key in the Eye of Eternities. However, Randy's subconscious helps him figure out a way to break free from the loop by burping, and Randy is able to prevent the ball being reclaimed by the Sorcerer before it's too late.
In "Big Trouble in Little Norrisville" and "Ball's Well That Friends Well", it's revealed that the pearls have limitations to their power, Howard using up a pearl's power with wishes in the former episode, and Evil Julian absorbing all of the Sorcerer's remaining pearls' power in the latter episode. Also, in both episodes, the power within the pearl appeared to be stored in the liquified form where the said liquified power can brainwashed anyone whom consumed it: When Howard accidentally tossed the empty Chaos Pearl and it cracked as it entered the sewers, the last drop of the liquified power of the pearl contaminated the sewers and the city's power supply which resulting anyone whom drank the water and other contaminated beverages immediately fall into the trance, allowed Evil Julian to control them.
- The Sorceress also uses Chaos Pearls, except she wears them as a necklace.
- Four of the Sorcerer's pearls were scattered when he was attacked by the First Ninja while spinning them in his hand:
- After the credits of "Randy Cunningham: 13th Century Ninja", Catfish Booray finds one, and Randy takes it from him in "Welcome Back Catfish". In "Mastermind of Disastermind", Randy accidentally gives the ball to Evil Julian.
- The second one was found by the First Ninja, who put Plop Plop in charge of guarding it for 800 years. After Plop Plop is relieved of his duty and transfers into the Nomicon, Randy takes responsibility of guarding it. Eventually, Evil Julian gets possession of this one, as well.
- The third one is found in a gift shop in Little Norrisville by Howard, who uses it to grant wishes. After the pearl loses all its power, Randy breaks it, but the smallest bit of leftover stank contaminated Norrisville's water supply, brainwashing Norrisville's residents. At the quarry, Evil Julian absorbs the power from them, freeing them from its control but giving more power to him.
- The fourth one is found by Howard when he figures out that the quarry is where it is hidden. Evil Julian claims this pearl shortly after its discovery.
- The pearls may have a connection to the Land of Shadows.
- The second one almost controls Randy (while being the Ninja) in "Winner Takes Ball", but earlier episodes Randy was able to hold it barehanded and not being able to be instantly be corrupted by it like Howard did in previous episodes.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|