Lilo and Stitch are out in the garden playing in the mud with Digger, Yin, and Backhoe, until they get into trouble with Nani and Pleakley for filling the fridge and the oven with mud, turning the living room furniture upside down, and making a mummy kitchen scarecrow out of Pleakley's spoon collection. Both of them end up getting grounded. Meanwhile, 625 has got a pet cockroach named Jimmy, much to Gantu's disgust. Just then, the experiment pod container reports that Experiment 029 has been activated, designed to crown people, giving them the power of command over all living creatures. So, Gantu heads out to capture it.
The next day, the hula school is deciding on float designs for the Coconut Queen Festival parade. Lilo's idea gets rejected and Moses chooses Mertle's idea, a princess castle. Lilo walks sadly home with Stitch when they spot Gantu chasing after Experiment 029. They take 029 from Gantu and escape home. After Lilo looks up 029, he sits on her head and makes her queen, and everyone, except Stitch, suddenly worships and obeys her under hypnotic control. Lilo calls him Checkers and starts to take advantage of being Queen, but eventually decides to step down after Mertle and the Hula Girls arrest many "troublemakers" for defying her. Checkers comes down from her head, but just before she can figure out his one true place, Gantu arrives and grabs Checkers. After putting him on his head, Gantu becomes king over everyone, including Lilo.
Since Stitch and 625 are immune to Checkers' hypnotic effect, they rally together an army of other experiments to overthrow Gantu for the sake of everyone's freedom. King Gantu resides in the Birds of Paradise Hotel, which he is using as a palace. Stitch and his cousins attack Gantu and rescue Lilo. Holio tries to suck Checkers off Gantu's head, but instead sucks off his clothes. 625 sends his pet cockroach Jimmy to creep up on him. In his panic, Checkers falls off Gantu's head. He quickly puts him back on his head, but mistakes Elastico. Free of his control, Gantu's ex-servants revolt against him and kick him out. Afterwards, Lilo and the Experiments help rebuild the float, using everyone's ideas and make Nani the Coconut Queen.
- Spooky transformed into Gantu when Stitch and Reuben were recruiting him in a rebellion against Gantu; though technically, he never met or faced the latter before in his debut episode.
- Additionally, Spooky's eyes were not glowing green during the transformation.
- Holio is seen with a stumpy tail when he and the other experiments jump ashore.
- Backhoe appeared on the boat, but then disappeared.
- When the experiments rebel against Gantu, Deforestator has a third leg and Elastico's tail is in the wrong place.
- Reuben appears with the other experiments when they all volunteer to help rebuild the float, but when they are actually fixing it, he disappears.
- When queen Lilo gives Nani under hypnotic control of Checkers her first decree in the kitchen, in one scene her long pants appear to be miscolored blue like her tank top instead of light brown like in the rest of the episode.
- Moral: You can't have your way all the time, and with great power comes great responsibility.
- We learn in this episode that Stitch doesn't like eating broccoli, hence why he doesn't finish his vegetables at dinner, which consequently gets him grounded by Nani for it.
- Gantu is apparently a good chef, as he was seen cooking pasta.
- Ironically, in "Finder", Reuben ridiculed Gantu's ability to make sandwiches.
- Reuben has a pet cockroach named Jimmy.
- Gantu is revealed to hate insects and attempted to kill Jimmy upon first seeing him.
- This is one of the only two episodes where Yin appears without Yang, the other being "Shoe".
- This is the second time in the series Gantu is stripped down to his underwear by an experiment (in this case, Holio), the first time being in the episode "627" where he was stripped down by Deforestor.
- Unlike the episode "627" where Gantu is shown wearing boxers, here Gantu is instead shown wearing bloomers.