"Cheese Wranglers" is the the first episode and series premiere of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.
Minnie is waiting for someone to deliver her prize herd to town. Donald and Goofy are excited to meet the greatest cheese wrangler of all time (Mickey). Soon Mickey arrives, playing the role as the wrangler. He promised to deliver the herd - which happens to be cheese. He soon leaves with the company of Donald and Goofy. As they ride, Pete and his gang of weasels are seen to kidnap the herd.
The trio settle down for the night. As Mickey tells the ranch hands the code, Peter makes the impression of a cow to get the group away, giving them time to take the whole herd. The boys arrive to see the entire herd gone. Mickey soon finds Pete’s footprints and recognizes them as Petes. They soon find him and his group about to make a quesadilla out of the herd. They disguise themselves as cheese to free the others. Pete and his gang thought their disguise a real cheese wheel and tried to eat it but it was hard. They break off their disguise but Mickey manages to open the gate, but forgot his guitar. Pete took Mickey’s guitar that was used for calling herds while he was distracted. He then breaks it but Mickey uses his tail to make the sound, causing a stampede and sending Pete and his gang to fall into the pan and get covered with a tortilla, trapping them in their own pan quesadilla. Mickey and the trio head on their way back to town.
They arrive in town where Minnie is waiting for them. After Minnie stars blowing the wrangler a kiss like he did for her, Mickey hops on his cheese wheel and rides off into the distance as Minnie, Donald and Goofy wave goodbye.
Cast and Characters
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Jim Cummings as Pete
- Bill Farmer as Goofy, Weasels
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
- Humphrey the Bear (cameo)
- The name Big Thunder Valley is an homage to the Disney Parks attraction, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- The town itself is based on the Rivers of America waterfront at Disneyland's Frontierland, with an establishing shot featuring the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Mark Twain Riverboat.
- Humphrey the Bear briefly appears during “The Wrangler’s Code” song.