Donald decides to try cooking along with a radio show. He tries to make waffles but accidentally uses rubber cement in the mix.
Donald is listening to a radio cooking program and mixes up a batch of waffles, but he's distracted and uses rubber cement instead of baking powder. The batter proves to be unusually stiff. First his spoon gets stuck and the batter acts like a rubber-band airplane, flying the bowl around the room. Next, Donald falls with his head in the batter, he tries to get out but initially he can't (with angry quacking and a lot of bubbles popping), and his tail in the waffle iron. Then he tries to chop it with an ax, and the ax flies up and splits the room in half. Finally, he throws the bowl out the door; it sticks to the knob while the bowl gets stuck between two trees. The stretching causes a branch to knock on the door, tricking Donald into opening it, and letting the batter back in. After several attempts, he has had enough and rushes to the radio studio where the cooking program is being broadcasted, and takes his anger out on Old Mother Mallard. Her screams can be heard from the radio and it shuffles about to show us clearly that Donald is attacking her.
- Clarence Nash - Donald Duck
- Sarah Selby - Old Mother Mallard
- Near the end, Donald ends up with batter all over his body suspended from the ceiling like a marionette. Appropriately, "I've Got No Strings" from Pinocchio, which was released a year earlier, plays in the background.
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #49
- Disney's Salute to Mom
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #11
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #69
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.45: "More Donald"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #13
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections, Volume Three (VHS/laserdisc)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume One (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites, Vol. 2: Starring Donald (DVD)
- Have a Laugh!: Volume 3 (DVD)
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were omitted from the short release due to time constraints:
- Donald realizing that he had accidentally put in a recipe for roast duck and tears it out of the cook book.
- Donald visualizing melted butter and syrup on the waffles he imagines.
- Donald getting two fresh eggs and cracking them to add to his recipe.
- Donald stirring the batter (now sticky from the rubber cement) to organ music.
- An entire scene of the waffle batter getting stuck to the waffle iron, Donald getting clobbered by a wall-mounted ironing board in trying to separate them, and his chef hat being flatted by the iron, which he inflates to normal size like a balloon.
- Donald getting his head stuck in the mixing bowl and his tail in the waffle iron.
- Another entire scene: Donald trying to chop a strand of the batter with an axe, only to see that it's unbreakable as the axe bounces off and wrecks the house.