Chip Whistler is a cocky and arrogant man whose only concern seems to be making money. He always feels the need to get even with, or outdo the "competition" which he believes he can due to his money. He can be rather petty as seen in "Feud Fight" where after he attacked Cricket with a tomato (after he had ceased fighting) Chip was quick to gloat his "victory" only for everyone to turn on him for attacking a child. He is also quite vain as after shaking hands with Bill Green, he was put off by Bill's missing finger to the point that he had to wipe his hands afterwards. As Tilly states at the end of "Supermarket Scandal", "his name fits his mouth", due to his chipped tooth.
Chip is a tall orange skinned man, presumably in his forties. He has neatly combed blonde hair with browning sideburns and a long soul patch on his chin. He constantly has his sunglasses rested on his head and wears a bluetooth headset in his ear all the time. Chip fashion is a laid back vegan design of a turquoise button up shirt, brown pants that are rolled up to the hem and sandals. He also seems to wear a beaded anklet. While he is usually seen with perfect teeth, he has a large chip in the center of it after having accidentally eaten a fake apple, though he continues to repair it.
Role in the series
Chip Whistler serves as the primary antagonist to the series. In his first appearance, he offered the Greens a large sum of money for their produce. Bill, understandably, was unable to fulfill the order and turned him down. Cricket, completely oblivious as to why, decided to make fake fruits and veggies to fill the order. When Bill talked some sense into him, they raced to collect all the produce. Interestingly, Chip at this point was somewhat welcoming, it not still cocky, with having them around and even thought that they were decent people, though he still seemed to look down on them. After taking a bite of their fake food, despite being warned, he chipped his tooth and vowed revenge on the Greens for ruining his image.
Since then, he has become something of a childish bully; trying to usurp the Greens from their spot in the farmer's market to trying to steal coffee beans from Cricket and Gloria. His father finally puts an end to this by having him work for the Greens. Over time, he seems to learn from his mistakes and finally takes over his father's company when he retires. However, Chip is revealed to have really been after gaining more power so that he can finally get back at the Greens.
- He could be a parody of current U.S. President Donald Trump due to him being a businessman, often being rude/arrogant to everyone else, and having unusual blond hair and orange skin.
- Chip can be seen as a dark parallel to Cricket as they are both raised by their respective fathers who are farmers and are both careless and immature at times. However, Cricket cares for the well beings of other people, especially his friends and family while Chip on the other hand, is more selfish and absorbed and only cares for himself than other people, even his own father.
- Much of his antagonism towards the Greens (and other related people) is purely his own fault. As a matter of fact, Bill Green seemed totally oblivious to the fact that there is any animosity until the episode "Reckoning Ball".
- He has filled his chipped tooth with composite resin and indestructible bonded polymer, which according to him is very toxic, "but worth it."
- Contrarily, his father is the total opposite of him; calm, friendly and a hard worker who expects the best out of people.
- Chip is somewhat similar to Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons, albeit less violent and murderous in some aspects.