Cornchip Girl (real name Teresa Laverne LeMaize) is a sweet, nice and loving Swiss-American girl who attends Third Street School.
Cornchip Girl is short and slender. She has short brown hair with bangs that goes down slightly before her shoulders. She usually wears a white dress with a blue collar and skirt, along with black Mary Jane shoes.
Cornchip Girl is a very sweet and somewhat emotional seven-year-old girl. She is close friends with the Recess Gang, escpecially with Gus. In The Army-Navy Game, she kept her friendship with Gus a secret due to her dad being a rival of his dad in the military, but everything is worked out by the end of the episode. She originally started out as a background character in the show, but by season three, she became a more prominent character. Her nickname comes from her throwing cornchips behind King Bob whenever he goes by, and offering him some at his throne. She usually speaks in a quiet voice, and can be shy sometimes.
Starting from "The Army-Navy Game," she's been shown to hold a crush on Gus, which can be seen in various other episodes. She always appears to be closer to him than any other member of the group, which also shows this. It's semi-confirmed in the Japanese title for the episode, "Gus' Girlfriend."
- In the first recording for "The Break In" (before the animation was done for the pilot), her name was "Frito Girl." Her name was changed due to legal reasons. In the second recording (used in the final version of the pilot and the episode itself), she wasn't referred to by name.
- Her name wasn't revealed until "Stand Up Randall"--two seasons after her debut.
- Her last name, "LeMaize", which is taken from the word maize which is the grain that grows corn.
- Her age and grade has been debated amongst fans. She appears with the kindergartners in "One Stayed Clean," but an earlier scene in the episode shows her running away from them, making some to believe that the former scene was an error. She appears to be younger than the fourth grade students, and also never appeared in Miss Grotke's class or any group scenes with only fourth graders, confirming that she's not in their grade. Most fans place her in the first or second grade.
- Because of her frequent inclusion within the Recess Gang in later episodes, she's considered by fans to be the gang's "unofficial seventh member."
- She was born either 1990 or 1991.