While playing in their room, Cricket and Tilly discover an old family album and Cricket reminisces on a photo of Cousin Jilly, who looks like Tilly, but with sunglasses, a relative whom he claims is the coolest person he knows. Tilly steps outside to "speak" with Saxon and reveals that back when they lived in the country, Tilly invented the character of Jilly for Cricket to play with because he was bored. She plans to tell him the truth, but sees him writing a letter to her and decides to keep up the charade by reviving Jilly. Meanwhile, Nancy arrives and kicks off her shoes, much to the annoyance of Gramma Alice who considers her a guest rather than a member of the family. Nancy decides to take advantage of this and tells her that she needs to act as a host, much to her chagrin.
Tilly arrives as Jilly and greets Cricket who is none the wiser that she is her sister. Cricket and "Jilly" proceed to have fun in the backyard, but when Cricket calls for Tilly to come and hang out, "Jilly" distracts Cricket so that she can switch back to Tilly and tell her that she has spoken with her. Throughout the day, they partake in various activities with Tilly switching back and forth to appease Cricket. She converses with Saxon who "tells" her that she is not doing this for the reason she thinks. Nancy convinces Alice that she needs to be a good host and she begins to pamper to her every whim. Despite her anger, Alice proceeds to oblige so as to prove a point to Nancy.
Cricket begins to suspect that the reason he never sees Tilly and Jilly together is because they do not like each other and suggests that they speak to one another. Tilly feigns a confrontation and a "fight" breaks out between the two clashing personalities. However, the charade falls apart and Tilly comes clean to Cricket that Jilly is just her. Cricket is angered and hurt and runs outside. Back inside, Alice finally breaks and admits that Nancy is not a guest, but a member of the family and Nancy agrees that she will try to be more courteous about her home. Outside, Tilly admits that she was mostly reviving Jilly for herself because she missed the old times with Cricket. He forgives her and proceeds to read the letter that he planned to send to Jilly.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green/Cousin Jilly
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Gramma Alice
- Wendi McLendon-Covey as Nancy Green
- Tilly's transformation sequence is a reference to Sailor Moon's transformation.
- This shows that Herbert used to be pink.
- In this episode Tilly is forced to lie to Cricket to avoid hurting his feelings; ironically, in "Hiya Henry", Cricket had to lie to Tilly.
- This episode reveals that Tilly was lying to Cricket for years since she pretended to be Jilly.
- A clip from this episode was released on March 31, 2021.
- This episode further implies that Saxon is an extension of Tilly's conscious as he was well aware of her problem before she was.
- Alice is watching a parody of Seinfeld with the characters Jerry, Kramer and George parodied as Barry, Kramo and Borge.
- Don't pretend to be someone that others think is real for their sake.
- Sometimes playing pretend can bring back wonderful memories.