Donald's quiet bicycle ride to see Daisy is interrupted by Chip 'n' Dale.
Daisy, Daisy you're the one
That gets me captivated
Everytime you look at me
I get so addlepated
And when I'm riding along the street
Everybody that I meet
Says "there goes the guy
that's crazy over sweet Daisy Mae".
- Donald Duck
- Chip'n' Dale
- Daisy Duck (final scene)
- Mickey Mouse (cameo)
- Minnie Mouse (cameo)
- Goofy (cameo)
- Disneyland, episode #2.25: "Where Do the Stories Come From?"
- The New Mickey Mouse Club, May 12, 1977
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #35
- Donald Duck Presents, episode #13
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #1
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.40: "Crazy Over Daisy"
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Limited Gold Editions - Daisy (VHS)
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Best Pals - Donald and Daisy (DVD)
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald, Volume 3 (DVD)
- The cartoon was inspired in a whole song written by Oliver Wallace, which shares the title of the cartoon "Crazy Over Daisy".
- Along the episode, Donald keeps whistling the song and the episode ends with the music again. Donald also briefly whistles the song in Out on a Limb and Dude Duck. He also briefly quacks the song in Chips Ahoy.
- Donald's design in this cartoon, which notably has him resembling a younger version of Scrooge McDuck, was notably reused for the younger Scrooge's appearance in Mickey's Christmas Carol. Additionally, several early Toon Disney promos that used clips from this short had Donald mistakenly identified as Scrooge.
- The song "Crazy Over Daisy" had new lyrics written for the record Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland, and was retitled "Meet Me Down on Main Street". This new version of the song was performed by the Mellomen and was later reused as track 4 of the first disc for A Musical History of Disneyland.
- In addition, an instrumental of this song can be heard in the Disney's Magic Artist CD-ROM whenever the user clicks on Daisy's interactive model sheet.
- This is the only cartoon to have Daisy Duck and Chip 'n Dale pairing together, until 1983 in Mickey's Christmas Carol.
- This is somewhat of a followup to The Nifty Nineties.
- During his bicycle ride, Donald rides through reused animation of the band in the gazebo and the children playing from the "Casey at the Bat" segment of Make Mine Music.
- This marks the only appearances of Mickey and Minnie in a theatrical Donald Duck cartoon.
- The cartoon originally had special opening and closing titles, but are lost and the only version in circulation is the reissue print.