In Cafe Minnie, Paris, France, Minnie tells the guests to buy cafes (coffees) and croissants (crescents) and writes down their orders as she goes to the kitchen. She vocalizes a jaunty French tune that is cut short when she discovers she's all out of croissants. She calls Daisy for help and Mickey jumps onto his scooter. He wears a cyan helmet and drives into stores and lampposts, then stops when he sees heavy traffic. Mickey sees a church, drives on the vehicles, jumps over the wall, and hits the saints, who sing a hymnal version of "Mickey Mouse March" while floating before landing. Mickey lands on the roof, jumps to the left side, and out of the church as the living statues cheer. He crashes into a barn and rides a goat after the doors open. He gets chased by the goat, jumps over a crate, dodges the big silver cans, and gets back on his scooter again.
Outside Cafe Minnie, a customer keeps complaining to Minnie that he needs a croissant, and Minnie hopes that Mickey will arrive soon.
Mickey sees pigs driving big brown trucks, jumps over them, and lands on a small yellow truck. Then he holds a hat to summon the police car as he gets in. Mickey pulls out a bag to summon pies and cars slip on banana peels and crash as the police eat pies. Mickey scares a big lion statue, jumps onto a horse statue as a ramp, and holds a big red windmill on "Moulin Rouge", as his scooter flies through Cinderella Castle. Prince Charming tries to fit Cinderella's glass slipper, but it breaks. Mickey apologizes to Prince Charming and the scooter breaks a table, a vase, and the suits of armor. The kids catch falling croissants while riding the merry-go-round. The crowd shouts to Minnie, and a kid tells Mickey to give the croissants to the guests. Mickey get an idea: he uses a baguette as a staff, gets the croissants, and goes to Cafe Minnie. He throws the croissants to the guests, who declare Mickey a knight. Minnie removes his knight helmet, tells him she is her knight, and kisses him, and his scooter beeps triumphantly as he winks his right eye.
Character Voice Cast
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor- Minnie Mouse
- Paul Rudish - Mickey's Scooter, Grumbling drivers, French birds
- Tress MacNeille - Daisy Duck
- Oscar Pauwels - Dog #1
- Pascal Germain - Dog #2
- Xavier Fagnon - Dog #3, Mickey's Scooter
French phrases and their translations
|Minnie: "(giggles) Bonjour! Q'est que vous voulez?"||Minnie: "(giggles) "Hello! What would you like?"|
|Minnie: "Je n'ai plus de croissants!"||Minnie: "I have no more croissants!"|
|Minnie: "Daisy, j'ai besoin des croissants, maintenant!"||Minnie: "Daisy, I need croissants, now!"|
|Daisy: "Mickey! Minnie a besoin des croissants."||Daisy: "Mickey! Minnie needs croissants."|
|Daisy: "Depeche-toi! C'est urgent!"||Daisy: "Hurry up! it's urgent!"|
|Mickey: "Cafe Minnie, allons-y!"||Mickey: "Cafe Minnie, let's go!"|
|Crowd: "Madamoiselle! Croissant, s'il vous plait!"||Crowd: "Mademoiselle! Croissant, please!"|
|Woman: "Croissant tout de suite!"||Woman: "Croissant immediately!"|
|Kid: "Mickey! Par ici! J'ai rattrape tes croissant!"||Kid: "Mickey! This way! I caught your croissant!"|
|Mickey: "Attention tout le monde! Voici, les croissants!"||Mickey: "Attention everyone! Behold, the croissants!"|
|Crowd: "Vive le croissant!"||Crowd: "Long live the croissant!"|
|Minnie: "Mon chevalier!"||Minnie: "My knight!"|
- This episode aired as a sneak peak on March 12, 2013 on Disney.com.
- Episodes with dialogue spoken entirely in a foreign language:
- 1.) Croissant de Triomphe = French.
- 2.) Tokyo Go = Japanese.
- 3.) Panda-monium = Mandarin Chinese.
- 4.) O Sole Minnie = Italian.
- 5.) O Futebol Clássico = Portuguese.
- 6.) Mumbai Madness = Hindi.
- 7.) Clogged = Dutch.
- 8.) Al Rojo Vivo = Spanish.
- 9.) ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! = Spanish.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Spanish, it takes place in Mexico rather than Spain.
- 10.) Dancevidaniya = Russian.
- 11.) Turkish Delights = Turkish.
- 12.) Locked in Love = Korean.
- 13.) Carnaval = Portuguese.
- This is the second short to be spoken in Portuguese as well as the second short to take place in Brazil. Also, both shorts take place in Rio de Janeiro.
- 14.) Year of the Dog = Chinese.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Chinese as well as the second short to take place in China, this short takes place in Shanghai rather than Beijing.
- 15.) Amore Motore = Italian.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in italian and the second short to take place in Italy, this short takes place in Rome rather than Venice.
- 16.) Our Floating Dreams = Thai.
- Cinderella and Prince Charming make brief cameos when Mickey crashes through a window of a castle tower on his scooter.
- Prince Charming tries to put the glass slipper on Cinderella's foot, but Mickey ends up breaking it with his scooter.
- This episode won a 2013 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-format Animated Program.
- "Croissant de Triomphe" means "Triumphal Crescent" in French.
Place of the World
- Paris, France
- Video of Croissant de Triomphe