|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Cruella is an upcoming American live-action film which will be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. Based on the 1961 Disney animated feature film, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, the film serves as an origin story of Cruella De Vil.
Estella (Cruella De Vil) lives on the streets of 1970's London with other hoodlums, where we learn the real origins behind Estella's hatred of dalmatians.
- Emma Stone as Cruella De Vil
- Tipper Seifert-Cleveland as Young Cruella
- Emma Thompson as Baroness
- Paul Walter Hauser as Horace
- Joel Fry as Jasper
- Mark Strong as Boris
- Jamie Demetriou as Gerald
- Emily Beecham as Anita
- Dev Patel as Roger
- Abraham Popoola as Geroge
- John McCrea as Artie
- Sid Sagar as Mark
- John Mackay
- Gianni Calchetti
- Kate Margo
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Tabitha
Glenn Close, Andrew Gunn, Aline Brosh McKenna and Marc Platt will serve as producers of the film. McKenna was also hired as the writer of the film; in October 2015, she was replaced by Kelly Marcel, who also wrote the screenplay for Saving Mr. Banks.
The film itself is an origin story for Cruella, hence making it a prequel to the 101 Dalmatians story. However, as the film is live action, it's not to be considered canon to 101 Dalmatians.
In December 2016, Alex Timbers was confirmed to direct the film. However, it was announced that Timbers will no longer be directing Cruella due to scheduling conflicts and will be replaced by the I, Tonya director Craig Gillespie.
- Cruella is the second Disney live-action adaptation to feature the perspective of the villain, after Maleficent.
- Glenn Close, one of the executive producers of the film, played the character of Cruella in the 1996 live-action adaptation of 101 Dalmatians and its second sequel.
- This will be the fifth time that Emma Thompson will do a role for a Disney film, after playing Captain Amelia in Treasure Planet, Queen Elinor in Brave, P. L. Travers in Saving Mr. Banks, and Mrs. Potts in the 2017 live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast..
- This will be the second Disney remake with Emma Thompson sharing the screen with another actress named Emma. The first was Beauty and the Beast, with Emma Watson as Belle and Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts.
- Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Julianne Moore, and Demi Moore were considered for a role.
- "Disney Delays 'Cruella'". Variety. Retrieved on August 20, 2019.