Starting off in media res, Dylan, coated in pink paint, is being laughed at by other dogs during some event. He narrates how he ended up in this predicament. Earlier that day, Dylan was skateboarding with Dolly where they nearly collide with Hugo carrying a kibble cake for Clarissa. Clarissa, as usual, insults Dylan and Dolly for their reckless attitudes and tells them that she is having a Summer Soirée party and that they are not invited; going so far as to tell Dylan that he does not have a personality. Dylan becomes depressed at this notion, especially when the rest of his dalmatian siblings seem to agree that he is rather bland (e.g. Deepak tells him that the color of his soul is "beige" and D.J. compares him to "elevator music"). Dolly accidentally calls him "Dull-yn" and he resolves to change his attitude. He tries being tough, free-spirited and flashy, but all these end in misery. After accidentally making Dizzy and Dee Dee laugh, Dylan decides that he is the "funny guy".
Dylan begins telling jokes to the other dalmatians, but all of them fall flat. Dolly tries to get him to stop, but Clarissa comes over and asks Dylan to perform at her Summer Soirée as she finds his jokes funny. Dylan is unsure of wanting to go until she mentions that Portia will be there and he agrees. That night Dylan comes out to perform for all the other dogs with his jokes once again failing to be anything special. Clarissa begins to laugh loudly with Hansel suggesting that Dylan is performing anti-humor and everyone proceeds to laugh at this notion. Dolly suddenly notices a bucket attached to a string being held by Clarissa and tries to warn Dylan who ignores her. Clarissa pulls the string and the bucket of pink paint coats Dylan with everyone laughing at him.
Coming back to the present, Dylan realizes that everyone is laughing "at him" and not "with him" and feels humiliated. Dolly, who landed on top of the veranda that Dylan was performing under falls through and also gets splashed with paint. As Clarissa proceeds to talk down to Dylan and Dolly, Dylan finally snaps and proceeds to mock everyone, minus Portia. He tells Hansel how he is always acting cool and mocks Spencer for always acting sharp. He then pokes fun at Arabella and Prunella's interchangeability and finally talks back to Clarissa bout her cliche pompousness. She slips on the paint and lands in her kibble, resulting in Hugo taking her to have a bath. Dylan gives a speech about accepting himself, but everyone leaves because he was talking too long. Clarissa attempts to narrate in a similar fashion to Dylan at the beginning, but he puts a stop to it.
- Josh Brener as Dylan
- Michaela Dietz as Dolly
- Harriet Carmichael as Clarissa the Corgi
- Aimee-Ffion Edwards as Arabella
- Bethan Wright as Prunella Pug
- Nefeli Karakosta as Dizzy
- Florrie Wilkinson as Dee Dee
- Rhys Isaac-Jones as Dawkins
- Bert Davis as Diesel
- Kyle Soller as Dante
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis as Destiny and Déjà Vu
- Abigail Zoe Lewis as Dallas
- Maxwell Apple as D.J.
- Nikhil Parmar as Deepak
- Rocco Wright as Dimitri Trio
- Doc Brown as Spencer the Sausage Dog
- Paloma Faith as Portia Poodle
- Rasmus Hardiker as Hansel
- Rufus Jones as Hugo
- The climax of the episode, when Dylan snaps after having a bucket of paint poured on him, is likely a homage to Stephen King's Carrie, but with paint instead of pig's blood, and Dylan "burning" the others with quips, rather than literally.
- One of the dogs at the Summer Soirée resembled Summer from "A Summer to Remember". However, it is unlikely that this was her as she still lived in the country.