In the first episode of the series, Daisy-Bo-Peep has lost ten sheep and the gang tries to find them. This is the first time they do the Hot Dog Dance in the end.
- Mickey Mouse (debut)
- Pluto (debut)
- Daisy Duck (debut)
- Toodles (debut)
- Donald Duck (debut)
- Goofy (debut)
- Minnie Mouse (debut)
- Chip (debut)
- Dale (debut)
- A trampoline
- A flashlight
- Mystery Mousketool (A net)
- Title: The title is a play on the nursery rhyme, Little Bo-Peep.
- This pilot episode was first aired after the Disney Channel premiere of Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo (after the current Buena Vista Television logo).
- This is the first episode Daisy dresses up as Little Bo-Peep. The second will be in "Mickey's Treat".
- As this was the first episode, there are many "beta elements" in this episode that are discontinued or changed in future episodes (*-still used in A Surprise for Minnie/^-still used in Goofy's Bird):
- In the very beginning, when Mickey is walking through the forest, pink bushes are seen, which are removed future episodes.*
- When Mickey is showing the blank area where the clubhouse is, the light green turf can already be seen. At the end of the Hot Dog Dance, the green turf stays while the Clubhouse disappears. Later, the turf appears/disappears with the Clubhouse itself respectively.*
- When Toodles' screen shows the title card, he is still visible. Later, he cannot be seen during the title screen sequence.*
- The question mark used for the Mystery Mouseketool has a different appearance.
- Toodles has a lot more circles on his screen than in future episodes.
- Already-used mousketools on Toodles' screen are darkly shaded. In future episodes, they are gray scaled instead.*^
- When Mickey decides to use the trampoline and flashlight mousketools, the screen stays on the "mousketool-selection screen" when Mickey says "we got ears, say cheers." In future episodes, the screen will always zoom in on the selected Mousketool.