Daniel Edward "Dan" Aykroyd is a Canadian actor, comedian, musician, and filmmaker. He is perhaps best known for his roles as Ray Stantz in the Ghostbusters films (also reprising this role as a cameo in the 1995 live-action film, Casper) and Elwood Blues in the 1980 musical comedy film, The Blues Brothers. He also voiced Chip in DreamWorks' Antz and the titular character in the 2010 live-action/animated film, Yogi Bear.
For Disney, he made a special guest appearance as Rev. Mike Walker in the Home Improvement episode "Losing My Religion". He also played Jimmy Flaherty in Celtic Pride, Grocer in Grosse Pointe Blank, Art Weber in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Captain Thurman in Pearl Harbor.
- He was considered for the role of Wayne Szalinski in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, but the role given to Rick Moranis.
- He was considered to voice Genie in Aladdin, but the role was given to Robin Williams.
- He was also considered for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. However, Ewan McGregor was cast at the end.
- He was also considered for the role of James P. Sullivan in Pixar's Monsters, Inc., but the role was given to John Goodman.
- He was also considered to voice Pacha in The Emperor's New Groove, but the role given to John Goodman.