Rapunzel, Varian, Kiera, Catalina, Max, Pascal, Ruddiger, and Hamuel were on their way to return the last of the stolen goods from the girls' thieving days. However, the animals started to fight with each other and accidentally got the humans trapped in a magical shell-shaped pendent. To make matters worse, Dwayne the thief found the pendent and decided to take it to sell it. The animals tried to rescue their human friends, but their differences kept coming between them.
Meanwhile, Rapunzel and the others learned that the pendent must be returned to the sea in order to free them. They tried to make Dwayne take them to the sea by pretending to be his conscious and convince him that he'll receive a great reward for it. But when Dwayne was about to drop the pendent into the sea, the animals attacked him but he got away, only to be abducted by a vulture and taken to her nest. Rapunzel's friends began to lose hope but Rapunzel assured them that their animal friends will save them when they learn to work together.
Fortunately, the animals did learn to accept each other's differences and put their unique skills together to rescue Rapunzel and the gang and free them from their magical prison. However, Dwayne was still trapped on a vulture's nest.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- Vivian Vencer as Angry/Kiera
- Ruby Jay as Red/Catalina
- Dee Bradley Baker as Dwayne
- The title is based on the natural horror 1977 film "Day of the Animals".
- This is the second episode where Eugene does not make an appearance following "The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth".
- This is the only episode that Rapunzel, Pascal and Maximus are taking a trip outside of Corona alongside Varian, Ruddiger, Kiera, Catalina and Hamuel.
- This is the third and final episode that majorly focuses on Maximus, the first being "Max's Enemy and second, "Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas".