- “Mirror, mirror, what does our future hold? Show me what happens when our stories unfold.”
- ―Evie, Introduction
Descendants: Wicked World (also abbreviated simply as Wicked World) is an animated short-form series based on the Disney Channel movie Descendants. It premiered on September 18, 2015 on the Disney Channel and its digital platforms, including WATCH Disney Channel. The series finale premiered on February 24, 2017.
Picking up where the film left off and roughly before the second one, the villain kids, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos use their one shot at being good while the dreadful and villainous parents roam the Isle of the Lost. The short series introduces new characters from the Isle of The Lost and Auradon.
Season 1 consists of two story arcs; one where the VKs and AKs have a wish gone wrong and encounter Dr. Facilier's daughter Freddie, and eventually meet the daughter of Genie himself, Jordan, and one where everyone prepares for the Neon Lights Ball while solving a mystery.
Season 2 focuses on the Jewel-bille while Mal falls under a spell caused by a curse from her birthright jewel, resulting in her wrecking havoc around Auradon, and the VKs must help her while thwarting s heinous plot from Yzma's son Zevon.
- Dove Cameron as Mal
- Booboo Stewart as Jay
- Sofia Carson as Evie
- Cameron Boyce as Carlos De Vil
- Mitchell Hope as King Ben
- Sarah Jeffery as Princess Audrey
- Dianne Doan as Lonnie
- Brenna D'Amico as Jane
- Ursula Taherian as Jordan
- China Anne McClain/Lauryn McClain as Freddie Facilier
- Jennifer Veal as Ally
- Bradley Steven Perry as Zevon
- Myrna Velasco as CJ Hook
The production of the series was announced right after the film Descendants finished airing on Disney Channel. Former Phineas and Ferb storyboard artist Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft directed the first season, with Jenni Cook as producer. Each episode of the series is under five minutes long, and features the original cast reprising their roles. Director Eric Fogel directed the second season.
- The animation design of the characters are closely modelled after their live-action counterparts, and also take inspiration from the Descendants doll line.
- The series features four original songs that were released as bonus tracks on the Descendants soundtrack. The songs include a retro-soul "Rotten to the Core" remix performed by Sofia Carson, "Night Is Young" performed by China Anne McClain, "Good is the New Bad" performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, and China Anne McClain, and "I'm Your Girl" performed by Felicia Barton.
- This is the first animated series produced exclusively to Disney Channel after Mickey Mouse.
- The intro was first shown at the end of the Rotten to the Core remix music video.
- Each episode is less than five minutes long.
- In the series, Villain Kids are referred as VKs while the kids from Auradon are called AKs.
- No character originating from this show, appeared in the subsequent sequels, or was even acknowledged.
- The series takes place between Descendants and Descendants 2.