"Desserted" is the first segment in the forty-first episode of Big City Greens.
Cricket treats his family to dinner, but Bill is suspicious about how he plans to pay for it.
Cricket has blindfolded his family and surprises them by leading them to Crispy's, a high-end sit down restaurant, and informs the family that he is treating them to a big dinner. Tilly, Nancy and Gramma Alice are all excited, except for Bill who cannot understand how Cricket will be able to treat them. The women however, rope Bill in and throw caution to the wind. As they sit down they decide to order whatever they want, which Cricket encourages, Bill once again voices his concern over the situation, but everyone talks him down and he relents by ordering himself a bacon burger. The Greens gorge themselves on all the food they want until they are full.
Cricket reveals that he ordered a giant sundae special and becomes noticeably nervous when the family tells him that they cannot eat anymore. It is then that Gina, their waitress, reveals that in order to eat free they must eat the sundae within an hour. Everyone is furious with Cricket, especially when he reveals that he replaced all their money in case they backed out. They relent and try to eat it, but all succumb to brain freeze or sickness. Cricket tries to find a loophole, by showing that the sundae is contaminated with a dead fly that he himself placed, but they simply replace the sundae and start the timer over.
With Cricket’s plan having backfired, the family decide to give up on the challenge and try to sell some of their belongings for money in order to pay for the meal. Cricket decides to finally own up to his mistake and proceeds to down the entire sundae, becoming larger and fatter. The rest of the Greens and Gina try to talk him out of it, but Cricket continues to swallow as much as he can and eats the final glop just as the timer runs out. The Greens all run up and congratulate Cricket on his success and he thanks them with a giant burp.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Gramma Alice
- Wendi McLendon-Covey as Nancy Green
- Riki Lindhome as Gina
- "Crispy Sundae Challenge"
- The title is a play on the words "dessert" and "deserted".
- Cricket is noticeably taller and fatter throughout the episode.
- This is the first episode to premiere after a four-month hiatus due to COVID-19.
- A clip from this episode was released to Twitter on July 9, 2020.
- This is the second time Cricket finds a loophole in rules after "Parade Day".
- Crispy's is, of course, inspired by high-end sit down restaurants such as Chili's and T.G.I. Fridays.
- Rule 171.1 in the Crispy's rule book reads: "Water refills are free with the purchase of The Onion Ring Bonanza".
- The way Cricket’s face looks and the way he laughs after he sees a fly resembles those of the titular characters from Beavis and Butt-Head.
- Moral: All good things have to be earned, and sometimes what you think is good might not make others happy as you thought.
- The plot of Cricket's plan to have the family eat a large sundae in order to get their meals for free is similar to Shake It Up in the episode "Meatball It Up", where Rocky Blue and CeCe Jones had to eat a ten pound meatball in order for them and their friends' meals to be free.
- July 12, 2020 (Canada)
- September 21, 2020 (Latin America)
- October 16, 2020 (Southeast Asia)
- November 3, 2020 (Japan)
- November 10, 2020 (Portugal)